"The quest of all lives"

"The quest of all lives"

A Story by João Santos
"

I post here the first pages of what I wished to be a book, where you will all understand and relive the sense of life, spectating the life of the young boy Mason and his beloved Lisa.

"
A Dream Come True

This is the story of a 16 years old student who has the task of writing a short story for his English class. He never though it would give him a life change

7h39am
When leaving home, Mason realized that his bus was coming and immediately began running after it. With the irregular breathing due to momentary effort, Mason entered the bus and sat down. He picked up the cellphone and started playing angry birds while waiting for the bus to arrive at school. In front of him was a gorgeous girl who made him lose the game due to the fact that Mason couldn’t stop looking at her. She was in fact a girl in which Mason had a crush for some time,that kind of crush that only makes us think about “the girl”.
Her name was Lisa and she had lovely blue eyes that made the boy's heart melt, her hair was blond and long, and it was so light and so soft that when a small breeze came at the moment the noisy doors opened, the hair hovered in the stuffy air and a scent of roses spread on the  yellow bus. Lisa was the kind of girl that everyboy dreamed of.
But this time it hasn’t be an usual trip to school earing music and trying to maintain himself awake. This time Lisa talked to him!
“To bad you lost the game…”, she said. The young boy didn’t believe what was happening, his mind filled in stupid teenagers thougts “ IS SHE TALKING TO ME? AM I EARING IT RIGHT? IS IT MY IMAGINATION? WAKE UP! IT’S REAL NOW! KEEP COOL! The boy was unable to utter a word at all, he simply looked deeply into the girl's eyes, smiled and said: "I leave here, see you tomorrow, same hour?" The girl responded with her beatiful voice tone and returned the smile “Sure! I save you a seet!”
Mason exited the bus and headed to school, he still could not believe what had just passed.


8h05am
Mason entered the classroom and sat in his usual seat, opened his backpack and pulled out his red notebook. With a smile he greeted his English teacher.
Mason was tired and sleepy, being so; he lay on top of the arms thinking about the bus incident, until the teacher called him by his name.
Mason straightened himself and began to listen to the teacher. She was talking about some written work that students would have to do. This work consisted in writing a original short story for the next week.
“It should not be difficult” commented Mason with his friend.
The teacher asked the class to begin developing ideas, and so did the class.
"That brainstorm begins!" yelled the teacher, all the students laughed. It was because of these attitudes that students liked her.
The bell rang and all the students left the classroom to enter the hall full of pupils and walk to the next class and continue their normal school day.

7 days later
Mason took the calendar and realized that he had to write the short story for the next day. It was late and everything started to fall into pieces… he had still a lot of work to do! By the time the boy sat at the desk to start writing, he was lost ... The lad realized that the ideas he had in class would not make a good story that would encourage readers.
And so began a new "brainstorm", but this time the boy was out of time, and he needed to find a good idea for the story fast.
In the draft he began to write a short summary of a story that was related to the end of the world and the Mayan calendar, but then he realized that this issue had already been used several times by other colleagues. He struck the page and began to write another summary. This time the theme was a boy and a girl who met through a social network and soon began dating.
At first the idea seemed to him quite good, and if he added some romantic moments, some quarrels, and perhaps an element that changed the situation, the story might be something interesting. Mason began to write with enthusiasm but quickly realized that would be too complicated to fit so many essential elements in such small story...



00h00
The young man was starting too desperate, he was beginning to be exhausted and hadn’t an Idea to write about. He closed his eyes and started listening to Mumford and sons with the hope that it would give him that much needed inspiration.
And so it happened! Mason had the idea to write the story about Lisa. He was planning to talk about the day that made the ice breaking possible the most important part of the whole story. And in the future if the story was good, probably he would continue writing his fantasy about the girl of his life and what happened afterwards.
Once he had everything prepared in draft he began writing the story. This time, although the idea was’n simple, Mason did not stop until he had written a structured first part on the page, he could not stop now, this being the only shot he had left.
Once he finished writing, he reread what he had just written and smiled. He had done a good work.

The next day
The lad waited patiently for the bus to come, he was nervous, and deeply in love. The kid was really missing the beautiful face, the golden hair and the blue eyes of his beloved. He was anxious to see her again. Calmly, Mason entered the bus, paid the ticket and came across the most beautiful picture he could have ever seen on a bus in the morning. At the end of the yellow bus, there she was perfect as always...

To be continued…

© 2013 João Santos


Author's Note

João Santos
Also check my website: http://johncreativewriting.blogspot.com

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

186 Views
Added on January 22, 2013
Last Updated on January 22, 2013
Tags: love, quest, life, livings, quests, gir, boy, girl and boy, 16

Author

João Santos
João Santos

Lisbon, Portugal



About
I my name is João Santos and I have 16 years old. I had to write severals stories for my english class and now I wish to write a book! more..