Writing a Convincing Case Study: A Complete Guide

Writing a Convincing Case Study: A Complete Guide

A Story by John Noels
"

This article deals with different aspects of writing a case study.

"
Case studies are a significant part of professional education. The case study explains different aspects of a problem and shows what steps were actually taken and what could have been done. It contains a real-life example of a situation and allows you to apply the theories that you have learned during your course. Due to the complexity, many students take case study help online. However, you won’t require the assistance if you follow the tips and points given in this article.

The type of case study may differ according to the subject. The major disciplines in which students are asked to write case studies are

1. Legal case study - In this, you have to examine a legal case and apply your legal knowledge to investigate it.
2. Management case study - It deals with management scenarios like finance, accounts, marketing, etc.
3. Nursing case study - It can be on certain diseases, its treatment, patient, etc.

Common Mistakes in Case Study Writing
Students often misunderstand the meaning of a case study. There are some mistakes that even assignment writers UK suggest avoiding when writing a case study.
A case study is not an advertisement. You can discuss the pros and cons of a product but not the company itself.
Nor they are press releases used just to launch new products.
Do not just talk about company growth and laurels it bought, talk about the case and its details.

Tips to Write a Convincing Case Study
1. Keep your audience in mind and pick up a subject which they can closely relate to.
2. Make your story engaging by giving emphasis on the most captivating angle of the story.
3. It should be like a story in which you have stated a problem, situation or person from the very beginning till the end.
4. Use statistics to convince the reader and make the case more realistic.
5. Format it correctly so that each point is absolutely clear.

Structure of a Case Study
1. Introduction - Give the background of the case along with previous findings.
2. Purpose - Define the aim of your study and the questions it will answer.
3. Method - The methodologies used to carry out the study like research methods and data collection techniques.
4. Results - Describe your findings.
5. Discussion - Discuss the importance of your study and what learning it offers.
6. Recommendation - In future, how such cases should be resolved.

Steps to Write a Case Study
1. Choose the topic - Identify the area of study and the angle you will be studying. This will give your research a direction, and you will come up with ideas.
2. Select the case study and read it - Based on the topic you have selected, identify the best-suited case. Read it thoroughly from beginning till end to find out how you can analyse it.
3. Prepare for interviews - Make a list of questions and the people you will interview. Also, decide whether you will conduct group interviews or in person. You can also research through other methods to gather information.
4. Sum up the facts - Find out the relevant facts and organize them accordingly. You can take online primary homework help if you can’t gather relevant sources.
5. Write down the case study - Once you are all prepared with the facts and figure, you can start writing as per the structure mentioned above.
6. Give references - Always give references to the quotations you have included in the content.
7. Edit and proofread - After completion, read it again and make changes wherever necessary.

So, this was everything about writing a case study that you need to follow. Keep all these points and tips mentioned here in mind to get success in your work.

About the author: John Noels helps students with their assignments and case studies. He is associated with Instant Assignment Help as an academic writer. He loves to read books in his free hours.

© 2020 John Noels


Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Author's Note

John Noels
This article deals with different aspects of writing a case study. It will guide you through the process of writing an impressive case study for your subject so that you can write faster and complete your task within the deadline.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

38 Views
Added on March 2, 2020
Last Updated on March 2, 2020
Tags: case study, writing, writers

Author

John Noels
John Noels

Cardiff, United Kingdom



About
John Noels is working as an academic writer at Instant Assignment Help from many years. Till date, he has delivered innumerable high-quality academic documents to the students, and is adept at complet.. more..

Writing