The Land of the Free

The Land of the Free

A Story by Johnson1234
"

The result of a thought provoking trip to America

"

The Land of the Free


There it stands, with a soul of its own. Proudly waving gently. The neat queue of stars broken with each delicate movement of the flag. you can never miss it and can sense the aura and power it radiates from 3 blocks away. Reminding all, that no matter how the rush hour aggression parallels London, You Are In America. The land of the free.


Everyday there’s a new flock of onlookers gazing up in awe at the towers and buildings, as they rise with their noses held high. Each growing an extra 5 metres with each memorable event that humanity must never forget. 


These monuments present the people with an unavoidable and inevitable sense of pride. Whether it is their own country or not, whether it’s their own fight or not. It reflects the struggles of others, some which have even been overlooked and slowly lost with time. It  pinpoints them in history’s timeline, replacing that pin with a statue, never to be erased, or lost, or forgotten. 


But it’s easy to forget, amongst the strong emotion of past history that engulfs us, that the land of the free is one of the countries many would dare not to live in. For the very reason that it is not free. 


These towers and statues are the epitome of freedom and respect, but are surrounded by a fence that only lets people like us so far. it mirrors the lives of thousands of people who travel through unimagineable conditions to reach the land of freedom and success, to then be denied the right of opportunity that the country found itself upon. 


As we travel through the timeline that America presents, we see not only America’s, but humanity’s strength as a whole. We must not forget that we must learn from those drastic mistakes we made, to fight for that opportunity. Not only for ourselves, but those oppressed and forgotten under the patriotism that runs bold and unashamed through the countries streets. 

© 2018 Johnson1234


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

62 Views
Added on October 29, 2018
Last Updated on October 29, 2018
Tags: History, America, Fiction