Hidden Opportunities in Metal Recycling, Pontiac, MI

Hidden Opportunities in Metal Recycling, Pontiac, MI

A Story by josch ong
"

Resource recovery solutions is ready to have you as a customer and confident that you will find your experience both satisfying and rewarding.

"

Transportation, packaging, cutlery, gadgets, and tools are just a few of the uses of metal, a highly versatile material. If for no other reason than we can still find so much use for it, metal is definitely one of the wastes that need to be recycled. In the Unites States, 150 million metric tons of scraps are recycled annually.

Metal recycling detroit companies have the potential to generate billions in revenue. Pontiac, Michigan, where General Motors was once based, used to be the center for vehicle manufacturing in the U.S. Even though the giant motor company closed in 2009, engine recycling Pontiac service providers, battery recycling Pontiac plants, and machine recycling Pontiac companies still remain introducing recycling programs to a variety of industrial customers.

What are the advantages of metal recycling?

This material can be recycled without losing its original properties. Even though an item made of metal is at the end of its service life, it can be, without fail, recycled into a new and useful metal product.  Steel and aluminum, for example, are often made into cans for soda and food.

Metal recycling pontiac plants enable us to conserve natural resources, make waste management more efficient and even save energy.  Recycling aluminum eats up 96 percent less energy than making cans, foil, window frames and vehicle parts from virgin aluminum. The same is true for other materials like paper, plastic and glass.

Metal recycling Pontiac plants also introduce more cost-effective practices among industrial companies. Imagine being able to convert waste into resource on a large scale.

Finally, the positive effects of recycling to an already ailing natural environment are very important. The need to mine virgin metal can be reduced by battery and machine recycling Pontiac companies. Recycling also brings down carbon dioxide emissions and air pollution.

What metal items are recycled and how?

Both ferrous and non-ferrous metals are sorted and recycled by engine recycling Pontiac service providers, battery recycling Pontiac plants and machine recycling Pontiac companies.

Ferrous metals are from Iron and Steel. Some commonly used examples of ferrous metals are food cans, vehicle scraps and household appliance parts. The demand for this type of scrap is growing at rate of 5 percent each year. Its export is a booming business.

Foil wrappers and baking trains meanwhile are made from non-ferrous metal like aluminum after the material has been processed in recycling business recycling detroit. Other examples of non-ferrous metal include Nickel, Brass, Titanium, Lead and Chromium.  In the UK, over 800,000 tons of aluminum was exported in 2004, 20 percent more than the figures recorded in 2004.

If you happen to be in the business of transportation in the Pontiac area or any nearby city, get in touch with engine recycling Pontiac service providers, battery recycling Pontiac plants and machine recycling Pontiac companies.

For homeowners who wish to sort metals and recycle them, they can use a magnet to distinguish between ferrous and non-ferrous metals. Steel will stick to a magnet but Aluminum won’t.

Sort and recycle tin cans, foil, broken car and appliance parts, milk bottle tops.  There is plenty of opportunity to recycle at home and many reasons to do so. 

© 2013 josch ong


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

975 Views
Added on November 6, 2013
Last Updated on November 6, 2013