Soundscape of Light

Soundscape of Light

A Poem by Josef Graf
"

An excerpt from The Earth Vision Travelogue

"

 

In the night, as his dreaming forms a weaving of sound and image, he experiences a stream condensing from an ethereal height.  Grounded in spirit, anchored in light, a chorale flows earthbound to merge with redwood violin streams, wandering coyote piano keys, shimmering swan trumpetings, and myriad other voicings that form a symphonic pool.

Within the pool, trout and salmon harmonies wheel in a broad eddy, interplaying a lucency that wakens an angel who dwells upon a ridge of joy.  And the river of light-sound spills down through a forest of dancing nature spirits and out across a broad plateau, over which lofts the angel prisming with light and color.

Steadfast the radiance glides on until, by the rim of the plateau, whitewatering through a canyon of deepening hope, the stream of rarefied consciousness rounds a final bend, then tumbles as a waterfall, a heartsong that cascades down into the Void. .  .

 

There is no sound now.  No movement.  Only silence and stillness.  And a soft imperceptible glow.

The mystery has begun.

© 2008 Josef Graf


Author's Note

Josef Graf
Excerpt from: EARTH VISION, a travelogue of spiritual ecology, by author Josef Graf. To view more, go to www.evsite.net

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

133 Views
Added on February 6, 2008

Author

Josef Graf
Josef Graf

Canada



About
Dubbed �a modern Thoreau� by one reviewer, Josef Graf�s diverse background was bound to culminate in the Earth Vision project. A split degree in Sociology/Ecology .. more..

Writing