My ER Story

My ER Story

A Story by Joshua D'Arcy
"

A humorous yet interesting story of a boy who lands himself in the hospital. Yet, he gets into a little bit of misadventure, which causes humorous consequences.

"

My ER Story

By Joshua D’Arcy


I have a slight distaste when it comes to golf.  I mean, I don’t hate it but I just don’t like it that much. It’s no one’s perspective but my own. Golf itself, reminds me of an event that struck me. It reminds me of my ER story.

As I remember, it was last year around early-mid March. My friends wanted me to play golf really bad. Even though I didn’t like golf, my friends really pushed me into playing it. With very little anticipation, I accepted into playing. We went to this very clear and empty golf course. No one was there and my friends and I were the only ones there at the course.

First, one of my friends, Ron, took the first shot. Unfortunately for him, his first ball landed in the nearest hole, while he was aiming for the farthest hole. The rest of my friends and I wouldn’t have thought he’d make the farthest hole anyways. Next, one of my other friends, George, took his shot. It was so fortunate enough that he made the farthest hole. He wasn’t that surprised though. George is the type of guy who seems nonchalant about everything except if something bad happens to someone he’s close with, like us or his family. Now, it was my turn to go. The apprehension I felt was real. It was more real than I expected it to be. I felt so nervous, I felt like throwing up a storm. Yet, I took my turn anyways. All of a sudden, however, everything turned pitch black. It wasn’t for any known reason at all.

After this eerie happening, I woke up in some medical room or something. As it turns out, I was in the hospital. My left eye was just fine. Yet, I couldn’t open my right eye. My right eye was sealed shut, like a safe that is overall impossible to open. Plus, my right arm didn’t feel right. I intentionally got up and asked the nurse what happened. The nurse wouldn’t answer me, even when I questioned her numerous of times. Then suddenly, the nurse rudely told me to “shut up and lay back down!” I rolled my eyes and lay back down.

All night long, I was very apprehensive and full of deliberation about how I got into the hospital. I haven’t felt this nervous before. I just had to take my mind off of this. Yet, I didn’t know what to do. As a decision, I’ve decided to walk around with my sealed shut right eye and the iffy right arm.

First off, I walked into some laboratory room where it looked like a major surgery was going on. There were so many doctors in the room, performing a surgery or something, it was crazy. I walked out before any of the doctors noticed me.

Next off, I walked inside a hospital room. There was a lady lying in the bed watching TV. She looked liked she was a risky athlete. The type of athlete who would take risks playing his or her sports. I asked her “Hi, I’m just wondering, how did you get into the hospital?” She then answered me in a questionable response, “Um, excuse me but who are you?” “My name is Keith, nice to meet you” I said. She then said in a rude manner, “Get the hell out or I’m calling security, I’m not joking around with you”. So, I left in a hurry. Yet, I stopped to ask her a question, but she shut the blinds right in front of me.

Then, I walked into a Janitor’s room. I could tell because the room was full of custodial equipment. There was a mop, a vacuum, millions of towels. All of them were in the room. While looking around, however, I found something really noticing. There was a really huge vacuum cleaner on the very top shelf. The problem was, though, I really wanted to pull the vacuum off the shelf to test it out. That’s all. I kept thinking and changing my mind what to do. This situation is like the devil and the angel on my shoulder. The angel on my left shoulder tells me to NOT pull the vacuum. Yet, the devil tells me to pull the vacuum out. Guess what I did?

Yes, I pulled it.

I pulled the vacuum from the shelf, and every single thing on every single shelf in this room collapsed and fell to the ground. It was like a super big, huge boulder rolling down a hill but instead, it was more, more, MORE intense. It felt like this super huge boulder being followed by ten other super huge boulders.  While the boulders fell, super strong weather conditions had to be involved too. A tremendous and huge mix of rain, snow, hail, and STRONG winds made a role. The sad part was there was no possible way to get out of all of this, even because the door was apparently locked.

Then, it all stopped. The weather was all clear and the boulders were gone. It was a calm setting. In comparison to the hospital, I got up after falling down and looked around the room. There was SO MUCH cleaning up to do. Being unusually terrified, I gently moved myself to the door, turned the lights off, opened the door, and gently and quietly closed it. After closing, I silently went back to my room without saying a peep.

This explains my ER story. Yet, how did I land in the hospital? I later found out that my right arm got hit with the golf ball. Then, the golf ball landed a sharp hit in my eye. Thankfully, I’m better now. The lesson of my ER story is to ALWAYS think before you do something, and before you say something. Now, I have some community service to do in the prison yard, since now I’m locked up.

© 2015 Joshua D'Arcy


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

126 Views
Added on August 31, 2015
Last Updated on August 31, 2015
Tags: funny, entertainment, humor