This Girl

This Girl

A Story by Katie Marie
"

As it clearly states, I loved a girl once.

"

I loved this girl once. The first girl I ever loved. And I could describe everything about her now, without another thought.

She had hair which hid most of her face, and she never wore it back. She didn’t like her face much, I always knew that. I saw it in a bun once or twice, but never without a fringe. Her lobes were spaced, and she wore corks in them once, for a while there too, because she couldn’t afford anything else. That was another thing, she had a job when I met her, but she let that fall through, because she didn’t feel like going. Not that she was lazy, there was more to her than that. She quit, but they would’ve fired her anyway, we all knew that. She knew that. She was quite poor after that, and refused to take any hand outs. She loved cows, just like I do, and I never thought I’d meet someone with quite the same obsession. She liked tie dye too, and old combivans. She was a hippie at heart, and I loved that. She loved to draw, patterns with felt tip pens. She lost herself when she drew, I could see that when I looked at her. She did the same with music. Music and art, photography too, I know how much she loved those things. I loved the way she looked when she was focused. She frowned, but I always knew how hard she was thinking. 

I liked her eyes, because of the way they changed colours, and I loved her nose, because of the way the tip moved when she talked. I loved her lips, and that prominent point on the top. I loved that point. And I think, for as long as I remember her, that’s what I’m going to remember most. Her lips. 

She had a nose stud, but it was almost like it wasn’t there. She didn’t play with it like she did with her lip stud, her tongue bar too. I felt those when I kissed her, she kissed better than anyone I’d kissed before. I wanted it, I needed it. I wanted her, and I needed her, but I wouldn’t admit so much to her. 

She wore jeans a lot, leggings too, and when it was hot, she wore shorts. Not short-shorts though, that wasn’t something she’d do. She wore boys t-shirts, and skating shoes. I liked it when she wore a beanie, or when she wore the bandana she bought with me, when I bought one too. 

She liked to drink coffee, and had a stash of noodles hidden in her locker, or at least she did until she ran low. 

She introduced me to cigarettes, drugs too, and I’ve thanked her for that. A few times too. She made me do things I never would’ve thought to do, but I like that, because she made me write. She made me write about everything. 

She was crazy, I know. In the way she talks about the things she loves, and the way her head works. 

I loved this girl once, and I always thought she’d grow up to be insane. I think I told her that too, I told her a lot of things, because I could tell her things. 

We sat up once, in our friend’s front yard at three in the morning, and I’ve never had a conversation so memorable, even if it meant nothing to her. We talked about the little things we loved, and we talked about the stars. 

I watched her as she talked, and watched her nose move as it did. And I thought how much I liked her, but how I wouldn’t admit to love. 

But now, I know, I loved this girl once. And I still love her now. 

When she moves, I wilt. When she talks, I crumble. And when she loves, someone other than me, I want to die. 

© 2013 Katie Marie


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I think I could love this girl too. She reminds me of myself, which I think is more of a testament to how well you write more than how I think the character in the story would love me too. You wrote about this girl who feels real enough for us to know someone like that but still ethereal enough that makes us see how someone could pine for her.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

224 Views
1 Review
Added on September 16, 2013
Last Updated on September 16, 2013
Tags: girl, love, lesbian, poetic

Author

Katie Marie
Katie Marie

ACT, ACT, Australia



About
I’m Katie. I hate my name, it sounds like the name of a toothless hillbilly. I’m eighteen. I’m kind of an a*****e because I love too much and care about very little. I honestly have .. more..

Writing