Care For You

Care For You

A Story by Katie Marie
"

I just don't like people. I like possessions because they can't talk. Understandable?

"

I don’t even know what people are talking about half the time. And I don’t know if it’s that I don’t want to listen, or if I can’t. I don’t imagine that I’d care terribly much, about what other people have to say. Not that I’m selfish, I’m really not. I just really don’t care about other people’s relationships, or something they did on the weekend which they thought was the greatest, or funniest thing to ever happen in this world. I don’t even care about my own relationships or what I did on the weekend. 

I don’t care about much, actually. But the things I do care about, I care whole-heartedly. I’m all or nothing, and I can’t help but be that way. 

So, if I care for you, be careful. Be careful because I know me, and I will lose myself in you. 

I will lose myself in the way you walk, the way you talk too. 

I will lose myself in the things you like; music, movies, or those patterns you might like to draw. 

I will lose myself in the little things, and that scares me a lot. 

I will lose myself in your pout, or your cloudy eyes. 

I will lose myself in the way you laugh, your smile, and even the way you scratch your nose. 

I will lose myself if I care for you, because I wouldn’t know what else to do. 

I don’t care for much, only a select few. 

I care for my morning coffee, that first cigarette too. 

I care for the tacky brown cardigan I wear almost everyday. 

I care for the dog I got for my twelfth birthday, but I don’t care much for anybody else. 

You. I might care for you. 

I care for words, and sentences, and paragraphs too. I care for poems, and stories, and novels. 

I care for candles too. 

I care for tapestry lounges, and velvet foot stools. 

I care for the smell before rain, and the taste of tea with honey. 

I care for felt tip pens, and how they print my words. 

I care for my hair today, but never any other day. 

I care for my friend with the flat hair, and the friend who’s once was blue. I care for my friend with the nose ring, and the friend with the pointed upper lip. I care for some other friends too. 

I can’t think of much else which I care for. I can’t think of anything but you. 

I care for you and the way your head works, and the way you’re actually able to grow a beard. I care for you and how you laugh at all my jokes, and I think you’re funny too. 

I care for your big front teeth, and how goofy you look when you smile. 

I care for you, and how we talk.

But I’m sorry for caring for you. 

Because I know it might feel like too much sometimes, and I know that when I care, I care too much. 

I’m sorry, I really am. 

But please care for me back, none the less? Because I don’t know what I would do, if I cared so much for you, but I found you with someone else. Grinding with them instead. And if I was to, I would probably beg you to lie, because I wouldn’t want to know the truth. 

I don’t care for much, you know? But I really do care for you. And I’d hate to know that you were off somewhere else, with some other girl. And I was here, alone; drinking my tea, in my tacky brown cardigan, thinking about you. 

© 2013 Katie Marie


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

158 Views
Added on September 22, 2013
Last Updated on September 22, 2013
Tags: love, breakfast, coffee, boy, girl, cynecism, poem, short story, young, everything, candles, beach, cigarettes

Author

Katie Marie
Katie Marie

ACT, ACT, Australia



About
I’m Katie. I hate my name, it sounds like the name of a toothless hillbilly. I’m eighteen. I’m kind of an a*****e because I love too much and care about very little. I honestly have .. more..

Writing