Yes, I'm Talking About Her Again

Yes, I'm Talking About Her Again

A Story by Katie Marie
"

About a girl and stuff

"

You say you'll hurt me and I don't doubt you for a second. They say you'll hurt me, I don't doubt them either. I've been there, I've done that but I'd do it all again for you. To touch, to feel. It's more important than those eye swelling tears and throat clogging sob. I could count the times you've made me smile, and let's time those by a future few, that's so much more important than the rest. I say I could get over it, everybody doubts me on that but it's true. I could remember the chance I had to taste the cigarettes on your lips and feel the fingers you use to strum. When you grabbed my hand and tickled my thigh, at least I'd have that to think about all the time. Those conversations about nothing and others about everything. I could remember your face when you spoke so passionately about those things which you love, I've always liked that more than anything else you did. That smile, so wide, when you spoke about photos and playing guitar. I'll remember those little things, and it'll get me through because no matter what, I''ll want to be friends with you. 

They told me not to do it, oh how everyone told me not to do it. I heard it in whispers through sob soaked hugs and quiet, stuttered talks; from my mother, my friends and my greatest possessor of advice. Good thing I never listen though - what would I be to listen? A coward. A coward without butterflies, and chest tightening breaths. I wouldn't want to be a coward, no one would. I'm glad I didn't listen because I get to see your face when you smile, when you're breathless, when you're tired. I get to kiss those lips I so often write about, with that prominent little point. I'm so happy with you, with our five a.m cigarettes and dark playground sits. My empty house or our friend's bedroom floor. Night festivals with flowers, or the blanket cave I construct on my bed without too much effort. 

I've heard I shouldn't push my luck but through old memories and new, I know all I want is you.

© 2013 Katie Marie


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

170 Views
Added on October 21, 2013
Last Updated on October 21, 2013
Tags: love, breakfast, coffee, girl, cynecism, poem, short story, young, everything, candles, beach, cigarettes, lesbians

Author

Katie Marie
Katie Marie

ACT, ACT, Australia



About
I’m Katie. I hate my name, it sounds like the name of a toothless hillbilly. I’m eighteen. I’m kind of an a*****e because I love too much and care about very little. I honestly have .. more..

Writing