Fan

Fan

A Story by E. R. Rawding
"

A series of letters from the biggest fan of Miley Cyrus to Ms. Cyrus herself.

"

[These are a select few letters by Mr. Mark Marshall that Ms. Cyrus decided to share with the press after “the Incident”]


1:

Hello, Ms. Cyrus,

I am your biggest fan. I always have been; ever since November 23, 1992, when the magical entity known as Destiny Hope Cyrus was born. I still remember it like it was yesterday. I was listening to “Achy Breaky Heart” by your father, the great Billy Ray. Then, the radio stopped the song and announced your birth; I knew from that moment that we were destined to be together.  But I digress. This is not about me and my appreciation of your abilities, musical and nonmusical. This is about you and your skills that have drawn me to you since the minute I heard of your birth. This is about the way you move your hips “like yeah” and how your acting skills are a shining beacon of light in the hellish maelstrom that is “Hannah Montana.”

Well, Ms. Cyrus, (please pardon my formality, but I am not yet worthy to address you by your true name) I am sorry, but I must bid you farewell. I promise that I will write to you again as soon as humanly possible.

                                               Your admirer,

         Mr. M and M


6:

Good day, Ms. Cyrus,

I have noticed that you have still failed to send me a reply to any of your letters. I am not mad though, I can see exactly why you cannot yet profess the feelings for me that are hidden deep within you. My achy breaky heart does understand, and it can, and will wait for you give it and its owner the affection they deserve. I see the look in your eyes, the look that shows that we are kindred souls. It does not matter whether you are acting as the protégé of a duck, singing a song, or pole-dancing. I know you! I know we belong together! (I am sorry for almost quoting Taylor Swift in your presence, I am quite sure you despise her.)

Once again, Ms. Cyrus, I must bid you farewell, no matter how it pains me to do so.

                                               Waiting at his mailbox for his                                  ‘Destiny’

                                              Mr. M and M


23:

Quack, Ms. Destiny Cyrus

I just heard your song “He Could Be The One” for the first time! I am overjoyed to hear that you truly are thinking not only of me, but of us. I cannot wait until we can finally be together, forever. We will transcend our dainty human lives and become heavenly entities; destined to live together forever in the domain of our Lord and Savior, Mr. J.C.. It will not be much longer until my dream---no, our dream, becomes a reality.

                                               Your loving fan,

         Triple M


30:

Hello, Destiny Hope “Miley” Cyrus,

The day is finally upon us, the day when the two of us no longer will live apart as earthly beings in this worthless plane in which we live, but as a sole being of noble divinity. Just think, we will no longer have to hide our love! We will be together, forever. I personally cannot wait.

I wish I had more to say to you at this time, but alas, I must say goodbye.

P.S. I have finally found your email address, so I am emailing you all of our correspondences as we talk, to ensure the fact that you get them.

                                               Your perpetual, adoring fan

         Mr. Marcus Martian


33: [The final letter from Mr. Marshall]

Sweet niblets, Miley

I cannot believe what I am hearing on the news! It appears that there is a manhunt going on for a “Mr. Marcus Martian.” I am shocked, appalled, and disgusted that you, my angelic creature, would allow something as uncouth as this to take place. I know that this was all a big misunderstanding, and will soon be cleared up.

Although, I do have two very fortuitous pieces of information relating to us. The first is that my (now ex) girlfriend is---no, she was, pregnant. I realized that if she was to have that child, it would forever pale in comparison to your perfection. Following that train of thought, I took care of them both. And I did it all for you! The second is that I have realized that it is finally time for us to meet, and to be one. I know how you feel about me, and I know that if I tell you my name, you will make everything work between us. So with this, I bid you my final farewell, and the beginning of our eternity together

                                               Your no longer anonymous fan,

                                              Mark Marshall


[Fortunately, Mr. Marshall was able to be caught before he could hurt anybody else. Unfortunately, Ms. Katrina Winthrop and her unborn child were not as lucky. Also, we are not at liberty to divulge what was done to them to the general public.]

© 2010 E. R. Rawding


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Heh. This is really disturbing. You do a good job expressing the insanity that lies in this man. However, I do agree with one of the other reviewers that the letter format just doesn't seem correct. I get why you used it but something about it doesn't seem to fit. If you just took off the greetings and signatures and left them as seperate paragraphs, I could see it working. it might make it even more disturbing because we don't know specifically how he's speaking to her. It could be in a way much more disturbing than letters. That's just a suggestion though.

Great story. You did a good job of getting into the character.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

wow, that was crazy.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Very creepy and insane. I can't believe that was actually done. *shudder* anyway. thanks for sharing!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Haha I loved that this was disturbing. I sent chills down my spine that I haven't had in a while. I disagree with the other reviews, I didn't mind the format of the letters, but maybe if you had a space between the greeting and the beginning of the letter, and then not so much indentation at the end, it would have been better. Just my suggestion. Good job and keep writing.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Stalkers have always been something that truly unsettles me. It's terrifying what they are capable of even though several people don't consider them as that much of a threat. This has a very realistic tone to it and you definitely got the personality down for the stalker. I laughed at the Taylor Swift part, hilarious. The ending though, felt a little bland. The "not as lucky" and "also" felt rather informal and as though they simply brushed aside the serious tragedy as if it didn't matter anymore because they weren't Miley Cyrus (man I hate her... lol). I am by no means suggesting that you did that purposely, but from the wording, the airy breeziness is simply my impression. It would definitely fit the creepy, serious, looming tone of the rest of the story if the ending had a bit more formality and somberness to it. Other than, this is very well written. The letters progress in a fashion that really portray how someone like this would grow to become more familiar and more confident in his love. It gives off a certain CSI vibe. Well done!

Posted 13 Years Ago


This was really... disturbing...
But why did they have to catch him before he got to Miley???? I mean come on, he would be doing the world a huge favor!
Although is someone lacks originality because of how closely it resembles the Stan song by eminem I still enjoyed. Though I would love to see Miley killed off.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Great job getting into the character! This is so disturbing that it made my skin crawl while reading it. Great write!

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is exactly like the Eminem song "Stan".

I like how you expressed his obsession with her, and even though there was nothing that stood out from the first letter, somehow I got the hint.

Well written! Keep writing!

Posted 13 Years Ago


oh how creepy XD I loved it, you really slipped into character with it. Great work, keep it up!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow....this was interesting. Thanks for sharing. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow this was really creepy. It's really sad to think that celebs actually go through that creepy stuff. It gave me goose bumps... and not the good happy warm kind! Keep Writing!

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1002 Views
32 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 11, 2010
Last Updated on June 3, 2010
Tags: black humor

Author

E. R. Rawding
E. R. Rawding

NE



About
blech. i hate these little blurbs. if you wanna get to know me, talk to me. or read my work, you'll get some pretty good insight from that :P and please, don't send me a read request unless you can.. more..

Writing
Baal Baal

A Chapter by E. R. Rawding


Judas Judas

A Book by E. R. Rawding


March March

A Poem by E. R. Rawding



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Handicap Handicap

A Poem by Manda


Hope Hope

A Poem by E. R. Rawding