A KARAOKE LOVE STORY

A KARAOKE LOVE STORY

A Story by Julie Grenness
"

An interesting way to meet someone new.

"

A Karaoke Love Story.


   Friday night, the Karaoke night at the Singles club. Rebecca Hardiman, Becky to her friends, set off for her favourite night of the week, Karaoke. Becky had frocked up, full on make-up.

     By day, Becky was a 23 yo college English tutor. Mild mannered, a trustworthy friend, her long cherished secret ambition was to become a singing sensation. Becky was from a normal Wasp family, her honey blond hair brushed her shoulders. Her trim figure and laughing eyes camouflaged her inner resilience. Singing was her devoted passion, but on her stringent budget, she could not afford too many lessons.


       At the club, it was Becky's turn to step up to the microphone. Placid Becky could transform into a smouldering siren, her husky sensuous voice entrancing all in the audience. Becky had a loyal band of supporters at the singles' nights. One fan greeted her with a cheer. "Sing along with Figaro!" This brought laughter, bit of harmless fun.


      Becky launched into her personal rendition of 'I Will Always Love You," her tribute to Whitney Houston. Becky sizzled, she had the moves. Beguiling the audience, surprisingly a tenor voice entwined with Becky's heartthrob.

Their voices soared in perfect harmony, embellishing, everyone else faded into the background. The spotlight was on Becky, wondering who the stranger in the crowd was. They thrilled the audience. They concluded the song, silence.

  

      Tumultuous applause, "More, more!!" 'Encore!!" Becky displayed no hesitation in launching into "Angel of the Morning'. Again the elusive stranger's voice harmonised, Becky was mesmerised, as her unique talent attained fresh levels. Becky peered into the darkened bar, but the lighting was too subdued. The stranger in the bar crooned in unison. The audience was fascinated, magic in the air.


          The song drew to a close, Becky stepped away from the microphone. Blinking slightly, Becky's hand was grasped by a good looking dude. Her skin tingled at his touch. Becky had not come here looking for love. But his gaze

on her lips was a sign that this elusive singer would not be a stranger much longer.


   Would it be true love? Yes, love found a way, in the bar, a Karaoke Love story.

© 2015 Julie Grenness


Author's Note

Julie Grenness
Feedback welcome.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

77 Views
Added on June 19, 2015
Last Updated on June 19, 2015
Tags: Music, karaoke, true love, harmony, emotions.

Author

Julie Grenness
Julie Grenness

Bayswater, Melbourne., Victoria., Australia



About
Greetings, my name is Julie. I live in Victoria, Australia. I am a 61 yo widow, a mostly retired teacher and tutor. Currently, I tutor two ESL students in English, as well as Maths and Science. Scribb.. more..

Writing