My pain

My pain

A Story by Julia

People say write about what you know. So why is it that I cant stop writing about pain? I always start trying to write about something new or something more pleasant but I soon find myself not being able to finish. All I can write is this. Pain. And I think its because pain is a feeling that we all share and is easy to describe but hard to forget. I went on for months on end thinking my pain was all in my head, that I was being dramatic. But once the pain increased and my cutting increased with it I realized it wasn't in my head.

Psychologists say that young teenage girls cut to gain control over their life. But I did it just to forget the pain of my broken heart. I would do anything to get my mind off of that pain. Because even though cutting hurt and it left scars the pain didn't last. But my heartbreak did. I still think back to those dark dark summer days. I spent nights on end crying endlessly and cutting till I couldn't bare it anymore. The scariest thing about what I was doing wasn't me hurting myself but me disguising it so well. Sure I spent my nights crying but I spent my days with a smile plastered on to my face. Because I wasn't going to let anyone see me like this.

I was scared, scared that I would be perceived as "weak" or "fragile" because that is the last thing I wanted to be. I was ashamed I knew I was better than this I couldn't believe I had done this to myself over some stupid relationship. But that's where I was wrong, I understand now I wasn't cutting because of the relationship ending I was cutting because I couldn't recognize myself anymore. When he broke me he didn't just break my heart but he broke my identity.

I had no sense of who I was anymore, I felt lost and weak. The thing I loved about myself, my self confidence and my strength were gone and that's what hurt me the most. Knowing that I would no longer be the same person I was. Maybe the psychologists were right you know, maybe I was just trying to control something in my life for once. Cause I couldn't control him leaving, I couldn't control my friends moving away and I could control my heart hurting, but one thing I could control was the pain I CHOSE to feel.

© 2016 Julia


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

123 Views
Added on March 21, 2016
Last Updated on March 21, 2016

Author

Julia
Julia

Writing
Mother Mother

A Story by Julia


Love. Love.

A Story by Julia


The voices The voices

A Poem by Julia