caged america

caged america

A Poem by julia senpai
"

im entering a poetry contest leave me reviews

"

Set the music FREE!

let our voice be heard.

we are sick of industry instead of artistry.

im sick of the popularity and the lack of harmony.

poets pushes aside because they don't fit the image the brainwashed youth loves.

we push the limits and yet they try to restrict us.

HA! there is no limit to ones mind let us spew our vast minds of art to the world.

LET US BE HEARD!, LET US BE KNOWN! LET US BE FREE!

there is no peace until we are accepted into this world until we are free.

they push at us cheap images of the media and expect us to fall in love with a copy.

for who are they to think we would fall in love with such hideous images of everything this youth has become.

for we are artist we are the future of america don't expect us to be easily fooled by the images of the media.

what have they expressed other than twearking drugs and sex.

we have minds and we think for our self we are human we don't not need to be treated like we are caged animals.

shoving and shoving the image of a "perfect" person into our minds causing depression and eating disorders….what good does it do? have you asked.

come on america get of your a*s.

FREE the music,FREE the art,Free america before we completely fall apart.

© 2015 julia senpai


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow this really falls under the guise of angry with the system? Interesting comment about not having peace until we are accepted into this world? I'm wondering whether freedom lies more in not needing to be accepted?

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

205 Views
1 Review
Added on April 21, 2015
Last Updated on April 21, 2015

Author

julia senpai
julia senpai

stockton , CA



About
i love to read manga and watch anime i am a gamer =^-^= yes i am a girl i write poems in the night mainly because i cant sleep and i love to go to new places i love to be out in nature and explore my .. more..

Writing
Mist Mist

A Poem by julia senpai