#Goals

#Goals

A Poem by Julia Ledo

My goal is to make you shake
Make you ache and quake with fear
When I walk in a room, all eyes on me
Five foot six, with heels to be six foot three

My goal is to make you feel
Make you lose touch with what's real
Am I a goddess or a fairy queen?
Or am I just your teenage dream?

My goal is to make you uncomfortable
The loudest voice at the dinner table
#Bossy #Queen #Psycho B***h
I'll be the most powerful witch

#Unapologetic
#Aesthetic
I'll be the greatest thing you've ever seen
The beauty queen of only eighteen

Sure I'll be your manic pixie dream
The muse with your art's new theme
But wait till I break from the mould
You realize I'm your very own fool's gold

Wait! Behold
The girl so bold
To never do as she's told
Too complex to be pigeon-holed

My goal is to make you see
The girl I am, the girl I'll be
Who's image you skew
Till I'm something you're used to

© 2015 Julia Ledo


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I have been meaning to review your new poetry all semester, because I feel like it’s important for me to encourage you in this. You are an amazing poet. The way you craft these emotions and experiences (whether you’ve experienced them yourself or not) is incredible. You are so talented. I adore modern poetry like this especially, it’s just something I personally enjoy. The incorporation of present day jargon, turning #(insert word here) into something that sounds poetic is so masterfully done here. The poem is relatable and actually hurts my soul a little bit. also the flow of this- the rhyme is so brilliant! It doesn’t sound forced or cheesy. It’s absolutely perfect. I love how the first stanza is the goal; I want to make you shake- the narrator want to be something GREAT something to be FEARED. And the last stanza is so impactful (the last two lines specifically) that no matter what you do, your image with be skewed into something less than. I feel like this poem really captures the idea of what a lot of girls go through currently. We are individuals. We are constantly pushed to “be original” and “be ourselves” and “be different”. We have this #goal in our mind of something we desire to be- something incredible. But in the end we just get swept up in this social media blitz and society sort of just writes everyone off and puts people in boxes. Anyway, I have a lot of feelings about this poem but overall I think it is expertly done.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Love it, contrasts the fake world of the Internet and social media what what real life is really like - provoking reactions and making people really feel and think rather than just hiding behind a screen.
Rhyme is on point, and doesn't sound too forced.
Amazing!
Only improvement, maybe keep the 'my goal is' at the beginning of every stanza?

Posted 8 Years Ago


Tattoo this on my face. F**k me up. Dear God. This poem is fire.

First of all, grade A rhyme scheme. Secondly, it's too relevant. I know exactly how boys look at me... I'm not really a real person. I'm more than human and simultaneously less. I'm unattainable which is why they want to attain me. They build me down because I'm already built above their heads and that's the only way to reach me.

Beautiful, Julia.

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

362 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 12, 2015
Last Updated on December 12, 2015
Tags: goals, confidence, happiness, unapologetic

Author

Julia Ledo
Julia Ledo

MA



About
I write sappy things, sentimental things, mushy love things, and sometimes I write good stuff. Eat your heart out tough guy more..

Writing
One AM One AM

A Poem by Julia Ledo