Betrayal

Betrayal

A Story by Moonflower
"

A story of one womans heartache after she attempts to help her sister out of a tricky situation.

"
I had always been Dads favourite, there was no denying it. My sister Julie, had been dubbed the black sheep of the family. I have to admit, there were times I felt sorry for her, but this time, she'd brought it all on herself. Taking different people back to Mum and Dads each night, they were getting too old for that sort of stuff, and it was hardly like julie was a teenager anymore. She stood at the doorstep, soaked to the bone and looking like something the cat had dragged in. As I looked at her, I knew what she was about to say and I dreaded it. My mind raced ahead, as I tried to think of excuses, but when I saw the pitiful look on her face, each of my defences came crashing in. "I don't suppose you have a room for a few days do you?" she cried in a husky tone. If Dad hadn't called to warn me she was on her way over, I would have assumed she'd been walking the streets for days. "Of course", I replied as I shut the door behind us. I shuddered to think what Paul, my husband would say when he got home from work. Those two had never really got on and I never fully understood why that was, but then there were a lot of people who Julie didn't get on with. For the first couple of days, everthing was fine. Julie did as she said she would, helped out with chores etc. She'd even started looking for somewhere else to stay just as she said... but it wasn't long before a few days turned into weeks until eventually she'd been there for three months. Enough was enough Paul said. I had to tell her to leave. All that night I sat up and waited for her to come in. When she finally did, I made some drinks, found the right moment and then I told her in no uncertain terms. "You have to leave Julie. It's been good having you here, but now we just want our home back." To my astonishment, it was quite easy. There were no ifs or buts, she just agreed. "Give me two weeks to find somewhere else to go" she pleaded. I started to keep a mental calendar, and each morning I awoke, I would cross it off. But then an atmosphere began to develop. Things started to go missing, important things, and Julie had taken to blurting out random stuff about my past, ex partners and such. I could see Paul didn't know where to put his face. "I'm Leaving tomorrow" she said suddenly one night. "I've found somewhere else to stay." Well, thank heavens for that I thought and breathed a sigh of relief. Finally, the arguments would be over and we could go back to being a normal family. But a few nights later, I awoke to the sound of voices giggling and whispering in the background. I thought it was burglars, I turned over to wake Paul, but to my surprise, he wasn't there. As I tiptoed downstairs, the noise became more apparent. It was Julie and Paul! what were they doing? As I flung open the door I could see Paul with lipstick all over his face, half naked and being straddled by Julie! I had no idea what to do. I picked up the nearest thing I could find and threw it against the wall. "Get out!" I ordered them both. For days all I could do was sit there and burst into tears. That was two years ago now and I havn't seen Paul or Julie since. Paul tried calling on the telephone a few times to say how sorry he was, how it was all Julies fault and to give him another chance, but I never did. It was the ultimate betrayal and I will never forgive either of them.

© 2009 Moonflower


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

212 Views
Added on January 4, 2009

Author

Moonflower
Moonflower

widnes, United Kingdom



About
My name's Chrissy, I'm 27, I've been writing for about three months and looking forward to progressing, more..

Writing
When We Met When We Met

A Story by Moonflower


Betrayal Betrayal

A Story by Moonflower