Inside my head today

Inside my head today

A Story by Junique
"

So many thoughts, this was todays, more to share

"

Listening to the news this morning. Your thoughts just go all over the place. I think of quotes I have seen from a favorite show, once upon a time, when the evil queen and snow white becomes friends and snow white tells the evil queen that she is not all bad and that snow white is not all good. What a good thought, you realize that we share qualities that do not necessary define us. We are in a time when things are happening. I am not sure if I am finally getting out of my self-absorbed head or if I am like so many others and trying to find the right words. People have been hurting each other for many decades and there are countless examples that can point out it was for power, race, greed, or no reason at all. People are currently protesting to find justice for a person. This person was killed by another in power. So, do we define this moment by color and rank or that we are finally coming out of our shells and opening eyes and asking that all human beings be treated as important and deserve to be heard. I think about my mother and how she would call me sunshine, she said I like to paint rainbows over situations, and I brighten a room. I do not see that lately. I see this happening and I do not know what the best action is or that action which will change or affect at least one person in a positive way. People like to use social media to think they have a voice. It is amazing how we can be sheep and follow and share post that are loaded with hatred or we do not realize it until it is out there. I think some of this has been exposed with our latest stay at home virus and thousands and millions are out of work as businesses were told not to open for fear that being near another human being would cause them to suffocate. Suffocate from a virus that is new and we do not completely understand. Are we not being suffocated by being told to distance ourselves from others? To suffocate ideas that are shared when people interact and communicate and share thoughts. When you put a top on a bottle, the pressure inside eventually explodes when the wrong contents are mixed together. Maybe that is what we have, a volatile mixture of anxiety from the virus, frustration from the inequalities, lack of faith in our beliefs, and so many more elements that have been thrown into this bottle.

When you try to simplify this, you cannot. We are told to stay home. Then peaceful protest occurs, and they get hijacked by others using to spew hate and fear. Well to quote a great song, fear is a liar. We are told we now have curfews when we have to be in our homes because we are allowing those who are spewing hate to define what we can and cannot do. I am in complete appreciation for those who have fought for my freedom. I am not blind and know that came with a lot of sacrifices and not everything was done fairly, and innocent lives were lost. Force against force does not end well. If you take those spewing hatred and respond with guns and tear gas, the result will not be favorable. You are only feeding into their desire to cause disruption and chaos. Those that were standing by are now getting involved. Unfortunately, it may divide us, as communication is being done by many outlets and unless you diversify what you are reading and listening to, you may get a one-sided view. We must be independent thinkers, we must stand up for what we think is right, and we must appreciate the differences of each other and that we do have different views and should be allowed to express them. What is that saying, evil wins when good stands by and just watches and does nothing, or something like that, you get the idea.

© 2020 Junique


Author's Note

Junique
just my thoughts

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

The world needs to be a better place I think.

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

44 Views
1 Review
Added on June 2, 2020
Last Updated on June 2, 2020
Tags: george floyd, covid19, freelance, freedom, christianity, disney

Author

Junique
Junique

Rock Hall, MD



About
Family oriented, community involvement, big heart, lots thoughts bottled up more..