Rerouting

Rerouting

A Story by just_a_nobody
"

You'll never use GPS again after this spine-tingling tale

"

“Do you know where to go?” Rachel asked Finn. As he was driving through a dirt road. 

“Nope, but she does.” He says while pointing at his phone. 

Turn right in 0.7 miles. 

“See, she does.”

Rachel nods and lays back in her chair. She was already a very paranoid person but drying through a dirt road with no sign of life other than a group of trees up ahead. There were patches of dead grass alongside the road too. She wasn’t able to get a radio station or a cell bar. So all that she could hear was the car hitting the road and her sister making out with her boyfriend in the back. 

“Try not to swallow each other.” She yelled back. 

Her sister stopped and hit her in the back of other head. 

“Susan.” 

Rachel unbuckled her seat-belt and tried to grab her. She swung and miss, causing her to fall off the seat. Rachel made a face and sat back down. 

Turn right in 300 feet.

“How do you have a signal? I can’t get a bar.” Rachel asked Finn holding up her phone.

“ Oh, it’s the new app NOVA. It gives a location and directions. Even if you don’t have Wi-Fi.” 

“Oh, cool.”

Turn right

They stopped for a second and looked at each other. You could tell there was a road, well, there once was a road. Finn didn’t think anything of it, so he turned. The car rolled on the path very slowly. Soon, it stopped and began to go down. Finn stopped the car and they got out. 

“ Flat tire. Crap.” Finn said.

He went back to the car and grabbed his phone. Susan started examining the tire. 

“It looks like we ran over something.” She says while walking back to see what might they ran over.

“Ok, NOVA. Nearest gas station.”

Calculating… 5 miles away.

“ Crap. Ok, I’ll go and call a toe truck.” Finn said hugging Rachel.

“I’ll come with you.”  Rachel said. 

“No, that’s ok.” 

“I wasn’t really asking.” She said with a smile. 

“Ok then. Shawn stay here with Susan-. Where is Susan?”

“She right there-” Shawn says pointing to nothing.

They look at each other and shout and called out for her. 

After about 5 minutes they didn’t find her. Rachel started freaking out, so she ran into the woods to look. Finn, calling after her, started to chase her. Shawn fallowed. He was also worried about his girlfriend. Soon, Shawn and Finn heard Rachel scream. They caught up to her and saw why she screamed. Susan was cut open hanging from a tree. Finn wrapped his arms around Rachel trying to calm her down. They slowly walked to the car. Finn on Rachel’s right, and Shawn on her left. Once they got back to the car, they didn’t know what to do. Suddenly a hand came from under the car and grabbed Shawn’s leg. Putting him under the car. Then above it. 

 4 miles away

The phone said as Finn looked at it, then going towards Shawn. His head had blood and he was covered in oil. Before they knew it. A match was thrown from behind a tree, landing at Shawn’s feet. Causing him to catch fire and burn. Horrified, Rachel ran towards the road they came from. Finn desperately wanted to do something, but it was too late, so he ran after Rachel. 

Rerouting

He tried to comfort her but he didn’t want it. 

Rerouting

Rerouting

Rerouting

Rerouting

The last time the phone said it in a demonic voice. 

“Can you shut it up?” Rachel cried. 

Finn tried everything, but nothing seemed to work. So he slammed it on the ground and stepped on it. It went black and silent. Rachel puffed and sat down. Then the phone kept talking.

Rerouting, Rerouting, Rerouting, Rerouting, 5 miles, 4 miles, death.

They looked at each other and Rachel pointed at a black silhouette, unable to speak out of fear because it was right behind Finn. Finn turned around and the silhouette sliced his head right off. His body fell at Rachels’s feet and blood gushed all over her feet. She ran as fast as she could up the road. She wasn’t fast enough. The silhouette through a piece of glass at her back, causing her to fall down. Trying to crawl away, the silhouette put their foot on her back. She coughed up blood. Unable to scream as he took the glass and slowly cut open her back. Then vanished. Leaving her strength-less and bleeding until she died. Only hearing the phone that was still saying…

Rerouting

© 2021 just_a_nobody


Author's Note

just_a_nobody
Ignore grammar problems, I'm dyslexic.

Also, how do you like the story?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

31 Views
Added on April 21, 2021
Last Updated on April 21, 2021
Tags: horror, suspense, road trip, scary

Author

just_a_nobody
just_a_nobody

Rockingham, VA



About
I'm just a nobody. However, I have ideas and a story to tell. I will make sure NO ONE is alone. more..

Writing