If Only

If Only

A Story by Leyla

You were once a girl who use to wrap your head in fairy tales. Dreaming of your happily ever after to come some day. Wanting a Prince Charming to lift you up and give you warmth. Nothing more than to feel his touch, to hear his voice, to see his smile. As life went by, your whole world started to tremble. Your father leaving you behind for a different family, your best friend leaving you behind to have the preferred life she wanted, your mother who finds every way to downgrade you. The existence of fairy tales went on to be a long, lost memory but they were still there deep down, holding onto that little beam of light, waiting for that desire to come back from the ashes. Those times, wanting to scream, wanting to dwell in your sorrows, wanting for someone to see your struggling before it was too late. That moment when you thought you were going to commit the most life changing crime anyone could, you met him. Prince Charming has finally come on the brink of you feeling nothingness to lend you a hand up on your feet. In your mind, you knew that this was too good to be true but in your heart, you fell for him as he was the first to see your true inner beauty. Behind the darkness, there was light. Behind the light, there was hope. You wanted him. He was like the ultimate happily ever after for you but he disappeared. Three days, no words. Where is he? Why did he go? Why not tell you? Answer. Answer. Answer. It turns out, you should have just not believed in fairy tales as Prince Charming didn’t want the ragged clothing girl who masqueraded to be a princess. He wanted the girl who was a real princess all along. He valued you like second hand clothing as he never truly had eyes for you but her. You let your wall down and now you question every moment. Every decision. Everything. He was the last straw that broke you completely. Say that you’re okay. Put on a smile. Pretend that everything is fine...as you are stronger than this.

© 2019 Leyla


Author's Note

Leyla
All feedback acceptable.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love it , very honest and powerful , on the sad side too but we all have been there before
Once you taste the first love , the fall is hard but it leave you experienced so next time you will be loved , you will feel better.

Posted 5 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

88 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 7, 2019
Last Updated on February 7, 2019

Author

Leyla
Leyla

Australia