A Letter to All the Men That Have Come or Gone

A Letter to All the Men That Have Come or Gone

A Poem by Peachy
"

I was drunk while I wrote this. These are all the things I wish I had the chance to say to all my past lovers, in betweens and currents.

"
To my ex lover, 
You killed the girl I once knew. You stole her innocence, her happiness and her youth. You had her fooled by the mask of the happy, perfect lover you would wear as disguise so skilfully. She was a flower you failed to water. She loved you immensely and for you she would have given her whole life. You gave her no choice but to mark her own skin because she felt so tormented. or so long you made her feel like she could never be enough. She felt like there was always someone better; prettier. Some days she felt like there was no point to living. You eventually found the marks on her skin and you made her feel guilty instead of comforting her. But I have one question for you. Why was she not enough? She tried her best to be the best for you. But you taught her some very important lessons. She had to learn them eventually. I guess those lessons just had to be inflicted by you. 
To the man who use "friend" as a disguise, 

The reason I say disguise is because you used to word "friend" to manipulate her. Friendship was you buying time so you could repeatedly try to convince her to be your lover. You nagged a lot. I think making suicide threats every time she revealed something to you was fucked up. You played the "friend" act so well that when you decided to rid her life of your presence she was left in confusion. But the fact that you could so easily cut her off shows that she was no friend but rather a potential lover. She used to look up to you you know. 
To the potential lover, 

It didn't work out and she knew it was because of her. You never did anything that was really detrimental. The only thing was that you could say things that would sting. It didn't feel good. She really hopes your new girl makes you happy because you're not a bad person. You're the first guy that showed appreciation for the little things. It meant a lot. Thank you. 
To the current lover,
You put stars in my eyes. The positivity that you shed is infectious. In a room full of people I think you shine the most. I always knew I was meant to be with you. You came and cradled that broken girl and taught her how to love in the most genuine and delicate manner. I am completely devoted to you and I will support you through out all your struggles. You deserve it. Before yo came I was convinced that men like you didn't exist. But I am amazed by how much of a warm person you can be. It's like god saw all the bad men and relationships I've dealt with and he decided that I deserved a gift for that. I am blessed and forever in awe of the fact that I got gifted with you. You are my moon that uses its light to direct me to the path I'm meant to be on. I love you, I love you, I love you. 

© 2018 Peachy


Author's Note

Peachy
Sorry for any punctuation errors. My head was spinning and I felt like I had to get these words out

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

thanks for sharing... and good luck to the relationship

Posted 5 Years Ago


I know you say you were drunk when you wrote this and just had to get the words out so you probably wrote this more for yourself than for any feedback but honestly I really enjoyed it. It felt very real and very relatable.

Posted 5 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

62 Views
2 Reviews
Added on June 28, 2018
Last Updated on June 28, 2018
Tags: #heartbreak, #menain'tshit, #drunkthoughts, #breakups, #loveyourself

Author