5 Types of Marketing Content Writing

5 Types of Marketing Content Writing

A Story by justwords
"

For business owners, online marketing is paramount. But even thinking about what type of content to use for business promotion can be a hassle.

"

For business owners, online marketing is paramount. But even thinking about what type of content to use for business promotion can be a hassle.

Only one type of content may not be sufficient for you depending on the nature of your business. If you have more than one category of product for different demographics, you might need a combination of various content types. Then there is also the matter of preference. Some people may prefer blogs to watching videos; others may enjoy a varied selection.

Here are 5 types of marketing content writing that you can use for promotional activities.

 

Blogs

Blogs and articles offer many benefits to businesses. Irrespective of your business category, blogs are effective marketing tools. You can write short posts or long ones, you can write SEO articles or how-to pieces; all of these marketing tools can work wonders for any business. The caveat is that these need to be done well.

-          Every blog must offer something useful to your customers. Your content must be so good that your audience feel like sharing it with others.

-          The length of the posts can be a matter of preference. Some entrepreneurs like to go into details and craft lengthy posts for their blogs. If the content is useful, there are readers who love to get in-depth information on a particular topic.

-          The important thing is that you don’t neglect to set up a blog and create a schedule for consistent and quality posts.

 

Video Scripts

Videos are excellent marketing tools especially for social media. You can also use videos as part of your blog. Exceptional videos require superior quality scripts. Writing video scripts requires time and skills.

A good way to write good scripts is to first, write a step by step guide about the topic. Then you can infuse the content with anecdotes, examples and of course information to create short and crisp scripts. 

 

Ebooks

Ebooks are helpful marketing tools especially for gaining e-mails from customers. Through ebooks, you can also establish your authority in your field of business. Free ebooks in exchange for emails is a tried and tested strategy that works for the benefit of both entrepreneurs and the consumers.

 

Newsletters

Newsletter marketing can help companies keep their customers and prospects up-to-date with their business news, products or services. Now in their online avatar (updated from paper forms), you can create a newsletter by including different types of marketing content writing.

-          You can include a short blog, interesting industry news, product launch information, offers, discounts and links to your website or social pages.

-          Make sure to not use it as a sales pitch but as a value-added service for your consumers.

-          Keep the format uncluttered, use catchy headlines and include a call to action.

 

Case Studies

A case study is a form of marketing content writing that can highlight a product or a service. But it is much more than simply writing about your business. A case study also highlights how a particular product or a service helped a client or was beneficial in more ways than one.

-          Simple formats work best.

-          You can use images along with the text.

-          You can include bulleted lists and highlight certain text in bold or a different color.

 

There are more types of marketing content writing than the ones listed above. You can write guides or technical reports or create infographics. It is up to you. You can begin with one or two forms of content marketing and then amp up you promotional efforts as your budget increases. If you lack time or expertise to create exceptional marketing content, you can always hire a professional agency to create these materials for you. 

© 2017 justwords


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

130 Views
Added on September 5, 2017
Last Updated on September 5, 2017
Tags: marketing content writing

Author

justwords
justwords

Gurgaon, India



About
We are a content marketing agency, which creates and manages print, visual, digital, social content for brands through a powerful mix of smart ideas, visuals, and words. We take big ideas to commercia.. more..

Writing