The last night

The last night

A Story by Jennifer Volkmann
"

this is part of my book the last night, it is about a girl named alice macy and she runs away fro home and that is all i can tell you or i will give it away

"

      The Last Night

I started off running, my feet hitting the ground, my cuts and scars exposing my own blood that now dribbles down to my feet.

The pain is exhausting and is making me fell very weary, but I try my hardest to keep running. Suddenly I trip over spraying my dark red blood on the dry ground. I scream and then close my eyes. I wake up in my cramped little bedroom; I need some air, after that intense dream.

I get dressed and grab my turquoise jacket from my cupboard, then I jump out of my window, my parents will not realise or care that I’m gone. Running away is scary for some people, but people like me, who have parents who barley care about their child, it is not scary at all.

I do regret running away now, but then I didn’t, I knew I would probably not ever se my parents again, but as I said I need some air.

I am wearing my watch, and have quickly packed all of my things; I didn’t really get much from my parents. I look at my watch, it is five o’clock in the morning, I have plenty of time to run away.

I wonder where I will go? Maybe I will go to the place I was running to in my dream, I saw the name of the school in front of me ‘Hope and Honour Boarding School’. But first I have to find out where it is. I decide to ask a man that is standing at the end of the street.

He looks at me like he was waiting for me, I had the urge to turn on to the next street and ask, but for some bizarre reason I didn’t.

“Hello, sir, I need your help with directions,” I say

He points to himself.

“Yes, you.” I tell him.

“ Glad to be of service to someone like you mi’lady.” He says.

He looks and sounds like he is in his thirties.

“Do you know where ‘Hope and Honour Boarding School’ is.” I ask him.

“ What is your name?” The man asked.

“Alice Macy, what’s your name.”

“Henry Scalavich, I work at that school I’m waiting for a bus, or would you like to walk walking is much quicker, plus we have a hidden location.” Then he breathes in through his nose, and it looks like he is straing himself from something. I start walking and he knows that I mean we should walk. So we walk for about two hours I’m huffing and puffing, and I haven’t seen him huff or puff. There is something different about him in other words he fells to me like he is inhuman.

But who am I kidding, he is like I have always wanted my dad to be like, I wanted my dad to help me.

“Where here.” Said Henry with an excited tone in his voice.

I nod and look around and almost faint, this looks like the scene of my dream! My chest suddenly feels tight and Henry catches me when I fall,

Henry drags me into his arms and carries me to the school. From that moment on I regretted leaving home.

I wake up the next morning in a room I have never seen before, the curtains are a dull red, my bed is purple with dark red paint splashed on it. Wait a second that is not dark red paint, it is blood,  it is all over my quilt covers, my pillows and there is a bite on my fore arm that only hurts when I look at it. I let out a scream, but I know it will not help.

But that was just me, I heard feet padding quickly on the floor and voices too. Suddenly, five girls about my age, came to me, they looked like nice people. They mumbled something to each other but my ears are not working properly, since my scream literally woke up everyone still sleeping. One of the five girls walked up to me, she had black hair, brown eyes and she was wearing a webbed short dress.

“Girls, could you please get her some clothes and some petal powder for her bite.” She said in a soft fairy-like voice. She shot me a sweet smile and took my wrist and put me on a chair.

“Mr.Scalavich has done this, you should not trust him, oh by the way, I’m Latara, my parents liked Lara and Tara so the put them together your name?”

“Alice, h-h-how o-o-old are y-y-you?” I asked with a shiver in my voice this place scares me, but I try my best not to show it.

“Six-teen, and you are too I knew that.” She answers.

The  girls come back with a blood red dress with black jewellery and gold stilettos, and a bag of back powder.

“Thankyou.” I say, and all five of them leave.

There is a letter with instructions on it, it said:

So I did what the letter said and copied the steps four times, got dressed and went downstairs. Latara was waiting for me, she had a makeup purse, actually two of them and a bag full of things like hair straighteners and stuff. I knew it was for me.

“ Sit.” She said and she directed me to a chair. She got a straightener out and a curling iron and started doing my hair. Half an hour later she started on my makeup and I haven’t said a word yet.

“Done, do you want to look in the mirror?” Latara asks.

“Yeah.” I realise she was

So I did what the letter said and copied the steps four times, got dressed and went downstairs. Latara was waiting for me, she had a makeup purse, actually two of them and a bag full of things like hair straighteners and stuff. I knew it was for me.

“ Sit.” She said and she directed me to a chair. She got a straightener out and a curling iron and started doing my hair. Half an hour later she started on my makeup and I haven’t said a word yet.

“Done, do you want to look in the mirror?” Latara asks.

“Yeah.” I realise she was
A/N: I wrote this book when I was 11 and have no obligations to continue or complete this story. I am currently working on something else though so I will post that soon. But I'll just keep this story up for old times sake, I guess.

© 2013 Jennifer Volkmann


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

pretty good, theres room for improvement but you have a lot of potential

Posted 13 Years Ago


Not bad. I'd group your thoughts together better. Maybe see about indenting it a bit. Otherwise, good job.

Posted 13 Years Ago


if anyone does not know I am 11 and i wrote this on my own and i accedentillay deleted the rest so i am writing another story called 'the last second '

Posted 13 Years Ago


This was a great beginning of a story, you just have a few grammar errors. I suggest you using spell check or have a dictionary handy. Let me know when you post the rest I would like to read it.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

163 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 26, 2010
Last Updated on November 3, 2013

Author

Jennifer Volkmann
Jennifer Volkmann

Australia



About
I joined this website when I was 11 and I'm so embarrassed to be honest. But I still write and yeah... more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..