Walk a Mile

Walk a Mile

A Poem by J.V. Stanley
"

To those who think they need to take sides, really shouldn't.

"


















Walk a Mile

October 21, 2011


Walk a mile in her shoes, perhaps you know what’s best.

 To know the difference of mocking, joke, and jest. 

To each their own, they all take sides,

though no team takes the rope,

No one sways no one scurries, no one leads with false hope. 

And yet, here we are, playing games,

though no one know the rules. 

And eyes sewn shut from all the toil and rough,

and lack of gallantry, lack of worth. 

Blind eye tug of war, where neither side is winning,

a random joke from some odd bloke,

causing more damage done in daring. 


























So here the lies and backward high-fives,

and upside down intentions it may,

sound like foolish caring and

so does swearing and foulness arisen in the game. 

For who does know, does the sun doth show,

honesty wisdom and caring? 

That who shall dare, the rope ensnare,

and vile tricks upon my faring. 

Who does care that words despair

and hurt-hard not to allow in. 

For no one knows that no one knows

whose side they should be on? 

What’s funny that, it is just that,

that stupid ignorance may be,

just what they need to do, so we can get through, 

without all the vicious marring. 

Walk a mile in her shoes, do you know just what you do? 

You try not to cry at all the goodbyes

because what you fail to see, 

beyond all that has been deemed


there is so much more she is losing.  


© 2011 J.V. Stanley


Author's Note

J.V. Stanley
couldn't chose just one picture...they all seemed too perfect, does not rhyme throughout I realize. I liked breaking it up a bit.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I wish I could rate this 100/100. This poem speaks upon a subject matter that most every body can relate to. I was judged harshly in school, mostly because of stuff I had no control over, if they only knew what it was like to walk a mile in my shoes...some would have been suicidal. This experience growing up has taught me to be open-minded and to not judge people at face value. When people act out it's because of something they feel, or because of some unseen emotion they cannot control. Sometimes...I think people just need a hug; or a shoulder to cry on.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.



Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Know That I Too
We are never alone (a poem for mental health month)

Reviews

Goes with the flow of things here...I was hoping for the rope to snap and have at this duel...but had a different ending to the plot...it reads at it is in the lines...you either take it for what it is or not...as for the rhyme and scheme of things...at times I just go prose and let the words do the talking --- instead of creativity guiding my direction...

Posted 9 Years Ago


Once again you remind me of my younger years of long hair, flannel shirts, blue jeans and Chuck Taylor shoes where teenage angst paid of well.

No comments though about how now I'm bored and old ;)

Gender differences aside, this is a lot of what I felt in my youth as did probably many people did.

I may have said this before, but your work talks to me in ways I can't quite explain in mere words.

Then again, poetry is meant to elicit emotion, not be dissected.

Posted 10 Years Ago


This poem speaks in volumes to me. I was a victim of being bullied a lot and liked little in high school. I know how it feels.

Posted 12 Years Ago


awsome

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Rea
It really doesn't need to rhyme, it's perfect just the way it is, I'm sure a lot of people can relate to this its like jean rosseau says ' man is born free yet everywhere he is in chains' people no longer give any importance to whats right or wrong, for many judging and taking sides without knowing what one's been through or who he or she might be has become more like an obligation and they give themselves reasons to back it,so that they don't feel the guilt. I enjoyed reading this poem, loved it:)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Loved the poem :) has a good meaning to it and so very true. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


This was very good in the way of telling someone that they cant know anyone.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I like this, emotional strength, true... and nice pictures that do seem well fitting to the write.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I wish I could rate this 100/100. This poem speaks upon a subject matter that most every body can relate to. I was judged harshly in school, mostly because of stuff I had no control over, if they only knew what it was like to walk a mile in my shoes...some would have been suicidal. This experience growing up has taught me to be open-minded and to not judge people at face value. When people act out it's because of something they feel, or because of some unseen emotion they cannot control. Sometimes...I think people just need a hug; or a shoulder to cry on.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

To walk a mile in her shoes the game would seem all backward, inverted, and mostly unfair. So the man in the box would say, "Feed my eyes, can you sew them shut?" --such is Alice in Chains. To walk that walk would be footprints in the sand, alone and desolate. And then I''m scraping for the imagery in the last four lines because I truly would not know what to do.

This poem is a good expression of an issue that is rarely brought up, nobody knows the tug of war in trying to fnd a balance until they actually walk that tightrope. I like the rhymes broken up too, I think it helps the reader look for the balance. Nice work!

Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1454 Views
34 Reviews
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on October 21, 2011
Last Updated on October 21, 2011
Tags: friends, betrayal, broken, love, hate, regret, games, lies, tug-of-war, cruelty, friendship, heartbreak, lost, losing

Author

J.V. Stanley
J.V. Stanley

The Upper Peninsula of Michigan, MI



About
J. V. Stanley is the author of two books (both available on amazon). She is also the CEO and Founder of Writerz Block editing service where she has worked with authors such as Kandice C. Mason, John .. more..

Writing



Beautiful author websites
Stop wasting time and money on Wix & Wordpress. Authors are creating beautiful websites with Myauthor.space FREE!
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5