Detroit's New Image

Detroit's New Image

A Story by wim99

To outsiders, the mean streets of Detroit are no place to grow up and raise your kids. There is a special feeling in the air, that proves your indiginous ethnicity after your soul is captured by Detroit. The brevity of compassion only proves that the blood and iron streets of Detroit are a test of futility. In this test, there are only survivors and those with a proclivity towards exile. The darkened streets of Detroit are a halo of the motor city industries crown, a reality not trusted to outsiders. So what is the pantheon of the murder capital of the world, also known as Detroit? To many the trusted secrets of Detroit are a gathering of moments in a life, better yet lived. A twist on the hardened reality where only the strong survive, and others simply fade into the background of an undiscovered life. It is said that an unexamined life is better not lived, but for our heriones faith and destiny, we will see arcane truth in their struggle towards a life that didn't have all the answers.
Faith in whatever people call an adventurous and just life, somehow shadowed by the desolation of a broken promise in a better day. Living on the edge was the more popular monniker, for a world caught up in rapture that hides the hopeless truth. When they orginally created Detroit, someone forgot to include the first admendment rights, more specifically, life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. On the dark side of life, the shadow of truth grows, the shadow knows, it always knows. The belief in a better world of tomorrow is but a shallow grave, filled with lies, deception, and betrayl. There is a common bond of humanity that all humans share, one that is self serving and an advancement of the species, but little of it is seen in Detroit. Keeping the faith in Detroit, is a constant struggle and daily battle of fruitless attrition, where the tortured souls of the ancestors have already left their solemn plea.
This brings the everlasting guidance of our friend destiny, who heals the sickened souls caught up in the madness. Destiny in Detroit is more like the pitbull you keep tied up out back, that only bites outsiders. Destiny generally is composed of the light at the end of the tunnel, when the school of hard knocks and realization of bitter truth merge, and people cope with realiry. People in Detroit are a sturdy bunch, who endure both the best of times and the worst of times, and somehow make it work. There's always an answer to the condrum, it just hard enough to get people to ask the right questions, when they probe for their struggle.

© 2014 wim99


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

90 Views
Added on October 28, 2014
Last Updated on December 8, 2014

Author

wim99
wim99

Jackson, MI



About
Midwestern writer College experience New writer looking for opportunity Athletic and outdoors person Just completed 2 modern poetry mss Great reader as well Bicycle 365 days/year Hoping to be a.. more..

Writing