The Woman In The Red Dress

The Woman In The Red Dress

A Poem by jasmine levert

The Woman in the Red Dress   

 

The beautiful young woman gets ready for a night out.

She does her hair.

She puts on her makeup.

She puts on her ruby and diamond earrings.

She then puts on her long, ruby red, V neck dress that has a slit on the right side.

She finally puts on her black high heels and her expensive perfume.

 

As she walks the streets of New York City she looks and sees happy couples walking.

Her heart aches because she really wants that.

She was once loved but he left her because he couldn’t handle her sad soul.

The woman in the red dress sees men seductively looking at her.

They see the beautiful woman in the red dress but they don’t see the depressed demon in her.

 

The woman in the red dress walks inside her favorite bar.

She then sits in a chair right at the bar.

She sees a man smile and wink at her from the end of the bar.

But little does he know that this woman is ordering her favorite drink for the last time in her favorite bar.

 

The woman in the red dress order a glass of her favorite red wine.

As time goes by she had drank of whole bottle of her favorite red wine. 

Drunk and sad the woman in the red dress pays for her drinks and leaves the bar.

As she stumbles across the street she almost gets ran over by a car.

 

The woman in the red dress finally arrives back to her expensive but lonely home.

The woman in the red dress closes the door.

She walks inside her bedroom and sits on her bed.

She really wishes that her life is over…in order for that to happen she needs to be dead.

 

The woman in the red dress walks slowly to her closet.

She takes out her father’s old and loaded gun that she hid in a shoe box in her closet.

She walks back to her bed and sits down.

As she looks at the gun tears begins to come down from her beautiful face.

She believes that when she dies she will go to a better place.

 

The woman in the red dress c***s the gun and points it at the right side of her head.

She then whispers as tears continue to fall “It’s about time that I am dead”.

The woman in the red dress pulls the trigger and there is a loud bang.

The dead woman in the red dress lies on her back on her big and lonely bed.

A few minutes later an elder female neighbor enters the dead woman’s apartment concerned because she heard the loud bang. 

When she sees the woman in the red dress lying dead on her lonely bed.

The elder woman shakes her head and she whips a tear from her face as she quietly says “Poor Ariel…she really wanted to be dead”. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

© 2013 jasmine levert


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
MAC
okay, a little secret. don't tell anybody but I have an obsession with gangsters and I just love this piece. very unique and incredible imagination here.

Posted 10 Years Ago


I have been in that place where I was so overwhelmed by a certain situation that I wanted to die. Even now, I can't really talk about it as it's still quite raw, but it comes through my writing at times and it disgusts me that one human being can have such a devastating effect on another to drag them to that place. (check the second line first stanza as I think a word needs deleting). I am stunned how you write with careful wisdom and convey messages to others with clarity and depth. That's quite a talent Jasmine !! Justine

Posted 10 Years Ago


jasmine levert

10 Years Ago

Thank you Justine :).
It is a nice poem. keep om with the good work.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

273 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 29, 2013
Last Updated on November 30, 2013

Author

jasmine levert
jasmine levert

Houston, TX



About
I'm a 22 amateur writer/poet/songwriter etc. I love to write and be around people who share the same joy to write. more..

Writing