Anna Hong

Anna Hong

A Story by kahlen369
"

Harry Potter OC Character Profile

"
First and Last Name: Anna Hong
Gender: Female
Age: 11
Bloodline: Half Blood
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Dark Brown
General Build: Slim
Height: Average
Birthplace: London, Britain
Brief Childhood History:
Her parents immigrated to the UK from China when they were both in their twenties to escape the pressures and influences of their families. Both Anna and her younger brother Mark, grew up in upper-middle class London, 
Though both of her parents come from magical backgrounds (in fact, both are pure blood several generations), her father is a squib. Because of this, her father can be a bit bitter and angry towards wizards and witches, the magical world, and magic in general. He makes his living in the muggle world, as a Chinese doctor who occasionally uses magical potions for some of the harder to cure illnesses. Her mother, on the other hand, is the magical equivalent of a doctor, and is a Healer at St. Mungo's. 
Though both are intelligent, of a somewhat serious disposition and have a love of learning and knowledge, they hold opposing views on nearly everything, from politics to what kind of soap to use. As a result, they often have good-natured debates that often involve the entire family. Thanks to both her parents' intellectualism, Anna grows up among books and questions. 
When her Hogwarts letter arrived, neither of her parents were surprised thanks to a childhood of accidental magic. They were, however, reluctant to reply affirmatively. Both had attended in their youth the Shanghai Magical Academy in China, which has a drastically different curriculum from Hogwarts. They had planned on simply homeschooling Anna following the Academy curriculum. But because of Anna's very vocal protests, they eventually relented and allowed Anna (who rarely asked for anything) to study at Hogwarts.     
Strengths (Including Personality and Academic):
Like her parents, Anna is intelligent, curious and a bit competitive. She loves learning new things. Though she has strong opinions abouts things, she can be quite shy about vocalizing them. She prefers to keep her thoughts to herself. Unless of course she's writing them. Then, she can be quite confident and eloquent with her words.  
Thanks to books and her parents, she is proficient in most of the classes, with Potions and Charms being her strongest subjects.  
Weaknesses (Including Personality and Academic):
Because of her somewhat sheltered childhood (she spent most of her time reading instead of playing with friends), she feels awkward around people, especially her peers. She would prefer reading alone in one corner instead of talking to friends. As a result, she is rather lonely.   
She is not very physically adept. Somewhat clumsy and uncoordinated even while on ground, the last thing she wants is to fly on a broom twenty feet in the air. Her stomach is rather weak, and she gets sick very easily. 
Thanks to her lack of physical fitness, she is not too good at practical DADA and Dueling which involves a lot of running and dodging.
What House Your Character Belongs In and Why: 
Ravenclaw, though really, she'd be fine with any of the other Houses. She loves learning and is quick-witted and intelligent. Though she has problems believing it herself, she can be brave when the situation calls for it. She can be quite cunning when she puts her mind to it, though she doesn't really have any grand ambitions beyond learning everything she can about the world around her. She is also very loyal to her family, and when she eventually gains some, her friends as well.  

© 2014 kahlen369


Author's Note

kahlen369
Originally used for an HP RP

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

248 Views
Added on January 12, 2014
Last Updated on January 12, 2014