How to clean toilet bowl

How to clean toilet bowl

A Story by Kai Michel
"

A dirty toilet smells bad, look ugly and spread germs. So, why the hell on earth we should not clean the toilet bowl. Let's find out how to clean the toilet bowl in step by step process.

"

Can you describe your feelings when you see a dirty toilet? My own impression is seeing the ugly brown stain on the toilet seat diminishes my intention to use the bathroom. It acts as a deterrent. A dirty toilet smells bad, look ugly and spread germs. So, why the hell on earth we should not clean the toilet bowl. Let's find out how to clean the toilet bowl in step by step process.

The first step is collecting or gathering necessary toilet cleaning items. These are given below

  • Sterilization spray and wipes

  • Paper towels 

  • A pair of cleaning gloves

  • Purchase a commercial toilet bowl cleaner or make a homemade DIY toilet cleaner. Making a home- made a DIY cleaner is easy. You need to collect a few items like salt, baking soda or white vinegar.

  • Toilet brush 

  • Pumice stone attached with a stick

The second step involves cleaning the outside of the toilet by spraying  to make it spark. When it is about toilet cleaning, most people tend to understand only cleaning the bowl. But house cleaning experts believe that every inch of toilet deserves attention. Take the disinfecting spray and spray on the whole exterior part of the toilet including hard reaching area, for example, the rear side of the base and the underneath of the seat. Your spray area should also include the walls located behind and beside the toilet. After spraying, let the cleaner to sit for at least five minutes. Here many people make a mistake by wiping the cleaner hurriedly. But the toilet cleaner requires some time to do its action.

The third step is cleaning the inside of the toilet. There are a lot of super-strong commercial toilet cleaners on the market. But if you pour them directly into the bowl, they will be diluted. That is they will lose cleaning power. So, it is a good practice to drain out the water from the bowl of the toilet and then apply the cleaning solution. Another advantage of drain out the water first before applying a cleaning product is you can do the job with mild strength cleaner. In addition, you will get a better result with less work. Now, you may think about how to drain out the water. It is an easier thing to do.  What you need to do is turn off the water valve at the base of the toilet, flush once and you are ready to go.

If you do not want to use a commercial toilet cleaner and want to save money, you can prepare a home-made cleaning product by yourself. One easy process is pouring one cup of baking soda and one cup of distilled white vinegar into the bowl. You will get the same sanitized and sparkling bowl that you can expect from a store bought toilet cleaning product. 

Whether you apply home-made or commercial toilet cleaner, keep in mind that you need to use the solution in sufficient amount and do not miss the area like beneath the bowl’s rim. 

The fourth step is wiping. With a paper towel, wipe out the disinfectant spray from the exterior part of the toilet. Start from the top and finishes at the bottom. Wipeout  also surrounding walls and floor of the bathroom. Throw the paper towel straight into the trash and do not let it pile up.  


The fifth step is to rub out the stains. Get a stiff-bristled brush and rub out the bowl's interior and beneath the rim. If you spot a rust-colored ring inside the bowl's interior, it may be the presence of mineral in your water system. The ideal thing in this case to remove the stain is pumice stone.  Attach the stone with a stick. Swipe the bowl a few times. Pumice is a softer stone. So, it will not leave a scratch mark on your toilet bowl. Flush the toilet. The rust-colored stain will simply disappear.

The sixth and final step is to disinfect your tools. Take out the toilet brush and pour cleaning solution over its working end, that is the part you use to scrub the bowl. Let the cleaner to settle down on the toilet brush for a few minutes and then rinse it with clean water. 

The end step is peeling of your gloves. But do not immediately peel of the glove. Head to a sink, rub your hands with each other while still wearing the gloves with hot water and soap. And then peel off our gloves. This will ensure that you will not be contaminated under no circumstances. Good luck and enjoy your clean toilet. 

© 2019 Kai Michel


Author's Note

Kai Michel
More Details Click Here

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is the first time I ever read and reviewed anything non-fictional. This is useful information. Thanks for sharing!

One little thing: Wipeout also surrounding walls and floor of the bathroom.
-This sentence looks like it's missing a few words.

Posted 4 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

24 Views
1 Review
Added on August 26, 2019
Last Updated on August 26, 2019
Tags: clean toilet bowl, clean

Author

Kai Michel
Kai Michel

Toledo, OH



About
This is Kai, addressing the homeowners who need some help with home renovation. Although I’m a maintenance worker, I’ve worked on numerous toilet repair projects that incorporated a wide v.. more..