Acceptance

Acceptance

A Story by Kajol Saxena

 

Those times when you want to hold on to something very tightly but it keeps slipping through your hand making you realize no matter how hard you to try he is not going to stay. He is not yours to hold onto. Than you feel the desperation sweeping in, desperation to be with him.


Sitting parallel to him and answering in the noncommittal manner as if it’s not killing you from inside. ‘Are we done or not?' He asks coldly.


‘Is it really this easy for you? Don’t I mean anything to you?’ her eyes brimming with tear but not spilling she doesn’t want to appear weak. She wants to show he doesn’t matter but her words showing desperation even they are betraying her.


‘Goodbye’ that’s all he said and left her at the roadside alone. All she could see miles of nothingness a blind vision in front of her tearful eyes. But he didn’t turned back to see her silent cries. The empty road resembling the numbness of her heart.


Months passed but he never really turned back. Forget him he doesn’t deserve you, all her friends said. But she doesn’t want to believe those words; she wants to believe in him. Then she saw him smiling the same smile but this time it was for someone else. She did the only thing she could do she fled the city leaving all the memories of him behind.


Irony was she never saw his heart break. Aloof in her assumptions and other people’s word she considered his lies the utmost truth. She never asked, he never answered. He saw her fled taking his heart with her.


Both the eyes cried for the love which never saw its destiny. 

© 2015 Kajol Saxena


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

131 Views
Added on September 26, 2015
Last Updated on September 26, 2015

Author

Kajol Saxena
Kajol Saxena

delhi, India



About
Dream for me is to be a writer but a passion for me is to write for the love of writing not for the sake of writing more..

Writing