A Perfect World Does Exist

A Perfect World Does Exist

A Story by Kendrick B. A.
"

Yes its unfinished. I really haven't had inspiration to continue on.

"

Love is something people say works in magical ways. Others say magic does not exist, does that mean to these people love does not exist. Do these people say love is just an illusion to put us through pain. It's for these thoughts the world is the dark place it is. They ruled out all tales of magic as fantasy and fiction. "There I go again blaming others for my problems." A young teen stands up from his computer. He brushes back his long black hair then he throws himself onto his bed. "I got to get over her."
     Suddenly a really annoying beep comes from his computer. Theres a box that reads, hey : ). The young man pounces at the keyboard to reply. For the message was from the one who he dreams about, the one that cause his pain and happiness. He had only met her again 6 months ago after there first confrontation in elementary school. Even then she made him happy it was now the pain started. The day he realized he had fallen in love with her. Well she realized it before he did and tried to stop his hopes there. She told him no even before he asked saying she could never think of him like that. I guess you can say it wasn't all bad she is talking to him again after 3 months of silence. Time he spent trying to get her to notice him. It worked just not in the way he hoped.
it seemed like her kept pushing her away when he was trying to draw her closer.
     They typed to each other for 5 hours telling each other of there dreams. Both of them wanted to change the world. He wanted to use music or technology she wanted to use photography or music. They both loved music. They shared each others lyrics they had written and songs they have read. It seemed like they would be perfect for each other. She just didn't seem to feel that way.
     Each of them both said there goodbyes. He turned to the clocked it read 12:54 am. The young man stood up and went outside. He didn't make it half way through the yard before he fell over gracefully onto the grass and began looking upon the stars. He started to dream of her. He know in his mind that they would never be together the way he wanted, but his heart kept on hoping. He feel asleep under the stars that he wished upon.
     He awoke the next morning with the familiar sound approaching him. It was his friend and fellow teammate Ojika. He pulled up in his old muscle car that had no paint and you could still see the name Junsei written on the side of the door. "Hey Ren'ai wake up." His car slowly approached Ren'ai who was still pretending to be asleep on the lawn and stopped a few inches short of his head. Then OJika let the horn wake him up for a final time. Ren'ai shot up hitting his head on the bumper. "I'm up." "Well then get out from under my car. We are going to be late for the race."
     Ren'ai slowly climbed into the passenger side. "I see you haven't been able to get that name of the side of your car." "Yeah. Why'd you have to right it on there anyway"? "I don't know it just felt like it needed to be done." "Your still in love with her aren't you"? "Yeah I am we were talking last night on IM and it just seemed like we were meant for each other but you now how she feels." "You ought to quit talking to her." "You now I can't do that lets just go and race I'm not in the mood to talk about Junsei right now. Where is the drag car"? "It's already there everyone is wondering who is going to drive it." "I don't know we'll just flip a coin or something."
     They started off towards the old drag strip a place full of childhood memories for Ojika and just recent ones for Ren'ai. Ojika and his family spent most of there free time at the drag strip. While Ren'ai had just heard about it from Junsei and then he asked Ojika about it a 3 months ago thats when he started to learn how to drive. "Who we racing today" asked Ren'ai. "Its Junsei's boyfriends team I still can't remember the name. I can't believe she is dating that jerk." "So is he still driving dirty in his old Camaro. We should be able to completely blow him away in the Mustang."
     They finally arrived at the drag strip. You could see grass starting to emerge through the pavement, and there was no one in sight. The head around to the pit entrance where a man cam running at the car he started banging on the hood. "Where have you been its almost race time"? "Its ok dad i was just picking up Ren'ai." So who is driving"? The old man said looking at his son. Ren'ai climbed out the window enough to sit on the door and rest his arms on the roof. "Let Ojika drive I still got some learning to do and I don't trust this guy." "Ok then thats settled lets get you suited up Ojika."
     The time for the race neared Ojika's family was inspecting the car, and Ren'ai stood in the doorway looking up at the sky. Ojika seen him and went over and put his hand on his shoulder. "You sure you don't want to drive"? "Yeah I'm sure just go and beat this guy so we can go to the mall and play some DDR." "Alright Ren'ai but dude you got to get over Junsei." "Yeah I know at least we are still friends for now she says she is wanting to forget about me." "Yeah I know you told me already." "Yeah but its all I think about."
     The race was about to begin. The announcer was starting to give the introductions for the racers Ojika looked calm as he sat there in the white mustang he had drove done the quarter mile strip so many times. In the opposing lane was a black camaro Ren'ai watched it with fire in his eyes as he sat down next to Ojika's girlfriend Konjou. She started talking but Ren'ai wasn't really listening he was to busy staring at the camaro. The race started the lights started to descend the cars roared and then they were off. Ojika pulled away immediately Konjou got a big smile on her face. The camaro started getting closer he pulled half way into Ojika's slip stream then everyone watched in horror as the front left fender of the camaro hit the rear panel of the mustang and Ojika lost control. He slammed into the wall almost instantly Konjou screamed and Ren'ai jumped the wall he ran for the wreckage of which inside was his friend. Ojika had climbed out of the car and was watching the camaro pass the finish line and turn around. Ren'ai kneeled down to make sure Ojika was ok and started watching the camaro in extreme rage. The camaro stopped in front of the wreckage and out stepped Junsei's boyfriend but that couldn't mean any less to Ren'ai he just wanted to get payback for his friend. The driver of the camaro started walking towards Ren'ai and Ojika. Ojika was bleeding from his mouth and clutching his ribs. The driver stopped in front of Ren'ai "Is he ok"? "He will live but you won't" with that Ren'ai turned around and sent a punch straight at the head of Junsei's boyfriend it was full force but the driver still had his helmet on so Ren'ai ended up breaking his own hand the driver fell over unharmed but Ren'ai looked at him like he won. "What are you doing you freak" Ren'ai then sent a kick aimed at the fallen driver. The driver stood up grabbed his leg then threw Ren'ai into the camaro. The car door window broke when Ren'ais back smashed into it. Ren'ai was in pain Ojika was sitting there laughing Ren'ai started to laugh they started to hear the sounds of sirens and people approaching. Junsei appeared in the distance and started yelling at the victor of the little spat. Ren'ai was sitting there laughing but no one could hear him he felt happy as his mind slipped away into darkness.

© 2008 Kendrick B. A.


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Well... I don't believe love exists either... but this is a good story... it has a flow and it works really well with the images it presents... :)

Typh :)

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

a side from a few grammatical errors..I like it..you should write more..here's a deal..A story for a story...you write more of yours and I'll write more of mine and we can exchange them... : )

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

160 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 10, 2008
Last Updated on February 13, 2008

Author

Kendrick B. A.
Kendrick B. A.

No where really important, NC



About
A kid who is growing up in depressed America. Worried about the future. more..

Writing