In-between

In-between

A Poem by kalonji
"

Felt a certain way, so I wrote it down.

"

Beginning and end, I am the time in-between.

Through hardship, through glory, I live my story, baring the torch that’s light cannot scorch, no lingering past or future thought.

Shining so bright but for a pagans bite, faltered to prevent my torch to ignite.

 

Many rise and many fall, I am both and neither as we are all. But as I learn and grow, become one with the flow, it’s become easier to understand than is so and so.

There is no need to prayer, for distant clouds of grey, as the future and past will present this dismay.

 

Some will love and some will fight. Love is a choice, coals to ignite. Our torches together, as a bird we are the feather, will light and take flight, above the dark of night.

And for those that see the light as too bright, don’t fuss or fight, the poisoned from the bite. Look beyond the fright and see the blight to really understand the beauty in-flight.

When it is and so are you, beautiful is the world that much is true, smiles are not intended to be the way of but a few.

We all want to be but what is to want if not a need to feed.

Time is not ours to lend, so take it back from the trend, we can have this now, the time in-between the beginning and end.

 

© 2012 kalonji


Author's Note

kalonji
First thing ive written, I didn't have plans to write anything, just had a random moment of inspiration. I hope it makes some sense, I have no experience in writing so it could be received as madness but it made sense to me as I wrote it..

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

132 Views
Added on August 14, 2012
Last Updated on August 14, 2012
Tags: Happy, Alive, Living

Author

kalonji
kalonji

London, United Kingdom



About
Im someone growing and searching like us all. Not much of a reason to write in recent times but for a compelling feeling to note my thoughts. I'm pretty happy with life and thought I would need to be .. more..

Writing