Dream Catcher

Dream Catcher

A Story by Clara Kevie
"

My dream catcher died. Now I have unwanted dreams again.

"
My dream catcher died.
I miss my dream catcher very much.
I had nightmares every night until we found each other. Dreams of happiness and tranquility only to wake up and find myself still disabled as I am. Horrid fantasies of being eaten alive, only to wake and find they were true. 
To wake up is to have a clean slate for the day. To wake up crying is to have the day tainted before it even begins. Everything is seen through the tinted glass of the nightmares. That stranger could touch me. That roof could crush me. That food could poison me. And now to go back to sleep.
My fairy godmother from last night, who promised all would be well only to have me wake up in chains, is back again. I ask why she must lie to me. She says it is because I made her and I am cruel. Now she is me. Looking at myself I c**k my head and she mirrors. I mirror. We mirror. We are the same. I cannot break away. We are the same. She controls me. I don't need to worry.
But then I wake and have control. More accurately, I've lost control. There is no right, only wrong, no matter how I move.
My dream catcher came one night. I was shushed peacefully. I fell asleep and when I woke, I felt nothing but rested. I could finally go about my day seeing through a clear glass.
As the years went on, the glass, although clear, became warped. One day it cracked and all the demons rushed in. Most unfortunate. I stopped seeing my dream catcher after that. I can only assume the worst. In my dreams now I see my dream catcher. Sometimes in pain, which is distressing, but more often I see thriving… it hurts all the more when I wake up and know my mind is lying. And now to wake up again.

© 2017 Clara Kevie


Author's Note

Clara Kevie
Constructive criticism? Feedback? I'd love to hear it! :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

It has a haunting feel to it. The fear that holds you molds its self to your form. Ths anguish you are feeling must be recognize. It is a dark setting, it is good. you have opened the veil to the living. The dreams must be banished, but you no longer have a dream catcher.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Very nice, took me to a place I didn't even know I wanted to go.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is really good. You write about inner pain in such an eloquent way. And you make it possible for the reader to travel between the dream and waking worlds. Well done.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

338 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 8, 2017
Last Updated on January 8, 2017
Tags: dream, dream catcher, illusion, trust, insanity, control, death

Author

Clara Kevie
Clara Kevie

About
I'm a student with occasional desperate moments of figuring myself out. I write mostly casual whimsical fleeting thoughts. PM me; I take requests :) I'd appreciate if you left constructive fee.. more..

Writing