FREE author website
Authors are creating beautiful personal websites with Myauthor.space for FREE! Try us before you spend $1000s of dollars
Know That I Too
We are never alone (a poem for mental health month)
When It Gets Hard, People Leave

When It Gets Hard, People Leave

A Story by kanika-dhameja

Have you ever thought of how a new relationship starts becoming strong? It’s when the talks start increasing, when promises start coming up and when you start trusting the other person in a way you probably thought you never would. You promise each other that you’re gonna be there for them through everything....through thick and thin, the happy times and the sad times and well just forever. You somehow know it’s too hard to be true ‘cause well you’ve seen people change everytime they get too close, and well you’ve also seen them becoming the people they swore to you they never would. Yet this time, it has to be different. It’s this one time that’s gonna break your trust. It’s this one time that’s gonna show you how sometimes promises mean nothing and how they can be broken just as quickly as they were made and sadly it’s this one time that’s gonna show you that goodbyes really are FOREVER.

Does being good to people mean they can take you for granted? Does being happy all the time mean that you can never be hurt? Of course, it doesn’t. You too have feelings right? You too can be hurt when people start pretending like they don’t care....isn’t it? You know what’s the worst part about being strong? People think its okay to hurt you over and over again!

They start taking advantage of you ‘cause they know you’re always gonna be there for them no matter what they do. They know they have a special place in your heart and that space is always gonna be there for them. You start giving chances to people who quite frankly don’t deserve them. You know that, but now it’s too hard to pull yourself back. You’re in the mess, too deep. They ignore you for days together and later come up with excuses that don’t even sound true. You still forgive them and make it all seem like before. You sacrifice a lot maybe ‘cause deep inside you know how badly you want them in your life.

The conversations are rare unlike those days when they used to literally spam your inbox with those cute messages. The calls have just disappeared. Meeting each other now seems like an impossible dream. There was a day when they used to convince rather pester you to come out and meet them, and now....now you pass each other, don’t even look and just pretend to be the most familiar strangers! WHY? Or rather how? How in the course of a wonderful friendship did it suddenly become this bitter? Was it your fault that you were TOO NICE to them and they just didn’t know how to handle it? Or was it theirs that they just couldn’t appreciate you and all that you were ready to do for their happiness? Maybe it was time....maybe the time just wasn’t right. Maybe it’s never gonna be right now. Or maybe they just moved on too fast and all that you are left with is the simple yet the most complicated question....WHAT REALLY HAPPENED?

© 2013 kanika-dhameja


Author's Note

kanika-dhameja
how's my article?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

134 Views
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on September 4, 2013
Last Updated on September 4, 2013

Author

kanika-dhameja
kanika-dhameja

About
hey! my name is kanika dhameja and im gonna be writing about all that teen stuff....one sided love and those unexpressed feelings. i really hope people like it :) more..