My daughter Nicole

My daughter Nicole

A Poem by KAREN BROWN

I have a daughter named nicole,who I adore and love much more.

    It hurts me to see her feeling so sad and blue, so confussed of her life of what to do,

 It's never easy when you have to pick and choose.

    Don't ever let him tell you what to do,

cause in your heart you know whats true.

    Don't always believe what they say

cause some of them will hurt you in someway.

    They seem like they know it all

But deep inside they have there own flaws.

    When a man is miserable and their life is filled with lies

There holding all there hurt inside.

     Their filled with uncertainty and not happy too,

So don't let them bring you down to.

      When a man feels less of a person and they become mean

it's because it is'nt the way they wanted there life to be.

      They try to bring you down to all there hurt and pain

Hoping you will feel the same way.

      Don't let him hurt you no more,

just move on with your life cause there's much more in store.

      She has this wonderful heart to,I hope one day she'll see all the joy and happiness and know I have been blessed and this is all true.

© 2008 KAREN BROWN


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Oh my....Karen, I can completely relate to this poem, as my eldest daughter is going through something so similar. It is so hard for us to let them "walk through it", but we must.

Posted 15 Years Ago


What a lovely poem you wrote for your daughter. I'm sure she'll treasure it always. :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


i love it!! its soo good... i bet a lot of prople could relate to that

Posted 15 Years Ago


Again, grammer and spelling seem to be an issue here. "a man" would be "his". One cannot have "a man" and then "their" or "they're". There is no "they" in "a man". Singular tense requires a singular object. You have a poetic mind but your basic English skills need improving. I would strongly reccomend studying some basic grammer and usage from your local library's selection. It will strengthen your writing and improve your work tremendously. Again, I like the heartfelt quality of the writing. I hope you wish to to present that quality in the grammer, spelling and usage that your feelings deserve.

Posted 15 Years Ago


This is a very strong poem, just one suggestion: use grammar and spell check while typing which will show you where words like "there, they're and their" should be placed.

Posted 15 Years Ago


I really loved this poem. I think you captured the longing that mother's feel to teach their children all that is good about life - and make sure that they have the best possible life. Even though I'm still young, I honestly can't wait to be a mother. :) Great job with this!

Posted 16 Years Ago


Howso true the advice of a mother is in this matter. So much said but rather delicatley and in an understanding way. Simply beautiful.

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

230 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 2, 2008
Last Updated on June 16, 2008

Author

KAREN BROWN
KAREN BROWN

barberton, OH



About
I am 42 years old female. I love to write poems people inspire me. I have 4 wonderful children.I am a stay at home mom which i enjoy a lot. more..

Writing
Blessed Blessed

A Poem by KAREN BROWN



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Touch Touch

A Poem by Ralphy