STARTING OVER

STARTING OVER

A Poem by Kim

One step at a time

Take it slow

It can be a steep climb

But you have to know

It is all worthwhile

 

What a scary thought

To start all over again

have to break those chains

And let it all go

 

A whole new start

Another chance

Make it a work of art

A beautiful dance

 

A chance to breath

What you want to be

Go out and grab it

And finally be free

© 2008 Kim


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is just beautiful. It is absolutely scary to think about starting fresh. When I moved away from home to a different city to start university, I was so scarred. I didn't want to do it, as much as I did want to do it. My performance in this new life hasn't been exactly the best so far, but after almost 3 years I'm starting dance without falling, and starting to hear the applause.

Again, your work here is beautiful. I like how you broke this into stanza...it's like visual baby steps. To me anyways. Thanks for posting. I look forward to reading more works from you.

Posted 16 Years Ago


A great intellectual work you have here Kim! It is bad enough for all the critisizm you have to endure if you dare to follow your heart's lead, even worse when you have to start all over again! But you don't curse or get frustated or something like that, you stoop and with your worn-out tools, start working on it again.

That is what all humans should do. A step by step progress. A likely path to an unlikely goal. The goal may seem far-fetched and insane, but if you lay the path step by step, every thing will start to seem sane. Great write! ~KA~

Posted 16 Years Ago


A wonderful poem, it is a scary thought to start all over again when everything is lost, but it is alway possible but the next time we are a little wiser. A great write.


Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

119 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 5, 2008
Last Updated on March 8, 2008

Author

Kim
Kim

About
I like to escape into the world of my mind which then allows the scribblings of reflection to flow. I write what I feel and what comes to mind. Some are silly, some are dark, some are good and som.. more..

Writing
Life To Music Life To Music

A Poem by Kim



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..