Hi, How are you?

Hi, How are you?

A Poem by Kim

Hi, how are you? Fine and you?  Why do people always answer with fine, ok or good? Most of the time they are none of these.  What would happen if we all said awful, crappy, I'm not good?  We go through our days not really knowing people, to much to do and to little time.  Do we stop to talk to our neighbors? There was a time when everyone would be out on their porches, you knew everyone.  But today with technology no one has time.  Send emails and faxes, talk on phones from our cars.  How many talk face to face anymore?  Do we know our neighbors and lend them a hand?  Sometimes we give them a smile or a wave but do we even know their names?  It seems like we rush through our day we don't stop at all.  I miss the days of front porch talks while the children play.  So when you see someone, stop and talk for a bit.  And let someone know you care.

© 2008 Kim


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

122 Views
Added on March 5, 2008
Last Updated on March 8, 2008

Author

Kim
Kim

About
I like to escape into the world of my mind which then allows the scribblings of reflection to flow. I write what I feel and what comes to mind. Some are silly, some are dark, some are good and som.. more..

Writing
Life To Music Life To Music

A Poem by Kim