A Marriage Too Long

A Marriage Too Long

A Stage Play by Lilypad
"

How crazy is your love?

"

Jack: Can you believe we have been together for thirty years? I sure can't believe I have endured so long.

Martha: Silently reads her book

Jack: I can't believe we have been with each other day after day, month after month, year after year, just looking at the same face. Well, not the same you don't even look like the person I married you look like a monster that ate her.

Martha: Looks at him through her glasses That's funny you sure don't look any better from when I meet you. Looks back at her book

Jack: Scoffs At least I can get with some one younger than you, what can you do? A little trimming over here and there, some new clothing and a breast implant? You might as well be reborn while you are at it. As long as I have money I still have a future but you (chuckles) you're nothing without me

Martha: Ignored his comment continues reading

Jack: Impatiently waits for comment Have you ever wanted to leave me? Have you ever thought of just killing me in my sleep?

Martha: Looks up That's funny I always think of doing that to you.

Jack: Smirks Then why haven't you? Why haven't you done so? You've had thirty years of possibilities to kill me. A little bleach in my drink, a stab with the kitchen knife to the liver, some rat poison in my food. If you were bold enough you could have even killed me with a pillow when I'm out cold.

Martha Looks back at her book with a smirk That would be no fun.

Jack: NO FUN? What are you planing you old hag? You have a death wish on me?

Martha: Looks up from her book and shuts it closed If I wanted to kill you I could have done it a long time ago but like I said that would be no fun.

Jack: Surprised Really? And how could you have killed me? Smiling What was the motive?

Martha: Remember ten years ago when you played me with that little number? Surprised? You thought I was stupid enough not to know, well I did know I've known it all these years and I was going to kill you for it. I was even going to get away with it, I was just that good. Remember when I used to shave you with a blade? I always itched to cut open your neck, you thought those cuts were by mistake? No, they were no mistakes those were my little urges to kill you, good thing I didn't though, that would have been too easy and no fun. I will just kill you with time and age, make your mind spin with hatred and insanity and once your mind blows up and you fall dead on the floor, I will be satisfied that I waited so long. Stands up and picks up her book and walks to the kitchen Do you want anything from the store?

Jack: Stays silent

Martha: No? Okay then.

© 2015 Lilypad


My Review

Would you like to review this Stage Play?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

77 Views
Added on September 9, 2015
Last Updated on September 9, 2015
Tags: Horror, death, love, hatred, passion

Author

Lilypad
Lilypad

FL



About
When you get the heart and soul of a man, combined it with fire and passion, and then place it on paper--you get writing. more..

Writing
Spring Flower Spring Flower

A Story by Lilypad


Family Portrait Family Portrait

A Screenplay by Lilypad