Blonde Crime ( A story of Narcissism )

Blonde Crime ( A story of Narcissism )

A Story by Katia
"

Who committed it?

"


     She was attractive, but she wasn’t as beautiful as people said. She had a nice body and a sweet face, but nothing peculiar. What made her so special, was her hair. She had long shiny blond hair. Golden hair reaching  her waist. She used to play with her hair, and smile at men who were looking at her.

   Julie liked to flirt. Even with those she wasn’t interested in. She loved to have men talk about her. Girls talked about her too. But behind her back. They didn’t like her. “ That obnoxious b***h, who the hell she thinks she is, flirting with my boyfriend infront of me?” Julie had just one close friend Vicky. “ You’ re just jealous of her, that’s why you’re saying that!” Vicky always stood up for her friend even when she was wrong. Julie was her best friend.

 

  Julie’s relationships rarely lasted more than a month. She was either bored of the guy, or interested in someone else. Once it was the guy that dumped her, because as he said it was the most boring relationship of his life, but Julie never admitted that. Actually she never talked about that guy. Vicky, on the other hand, had never had a relationship in her life.She wasn’t ugly, but she was shy with men and a bit awkward. One day she called Julie.

“You won’t believe it. I met this guy, Bill...and... I’m really...happy! He’s awesome. We have so many things in common. He even likes fantasy books with fairies and dragons like i do! Isn’t it amazing? I think he’s interested in me too. Julie, you so have to meet him!”

   The next day, the three of them went out together. Bill was average looking ,a little bit short, but smart and very good with words. While they were having coffee, Bill was discretely glancing at Julie. Vicky told him that Julie and her, were friends for ages. “ Doesn’ t she look like a fairy?” Vicky said to Bill, proud for her friend. Bill looked at Julie a little bit longer than expected and then said. “ I paint and usually like to draw fairies and dragons. Maybe Julie could be a model for my drawings.” Vicky was glad that the two of them seemed to get along well.

   

A few days later, Julie’s phone rang.


“ Hey it’s me Bill.... Vicky’s friend... I was wondering.... Could you come to my place... I mean... Remember we said you would pose for my drawings?... I mean, if you don’t mind...”

 

“Sure” she said.

   Two hours later she was there. There was music. Wine and low lights. He fucked her.

 

When Julie left, her phone rang. It was Vicky.


“ Hey, how are you?”


“ Fine” said Julie with a slightly trembling voice.


“ Hey, what’s wrong, your voice is funny...”


“ No, nothing.”


“ Anyway... I called Bill. He doesn’t answer the phone... What do you think is happening?”


“ I don’t know!” Julie almost shouted. There was a pause for a few seconds.


“ Julie do you want to come over my place? We could order pizza... My parents are away on a trip. I was planning to invite Bill, but what the hell... Will you come?”


She didn’t want to go at all, but it seemed very hard to find an excuse. She

finally got there. When the door opened, Vicky had a funny smile. Julie couldn’t understand why. She was unusually polite with her. Julie was feeling awful. Vicky asked her to stay for the night, she didn’t want to be alone. Julie still couldn’t find an excuse. Maybe she should just tell her the truth. She felt an ache at her stomach at this idea.

   They lay on the bed, without chatting as they used to. This silence was deafening. Julie turned at her friend and was ready to confess it all. She saw her staring at her, as if she was thinking about something.


“ What is it?” Julie asked with that slightly trembling voice.


“ Nothing” Vicky answered and smiled in a funny way. Julie hated that smile.


They finally slept. Julie had the worst sleep of her life, full of nightmares. When she woke up, Vicky wasn’t there. She lay for a while on the bed thinking what she had done the day before. She was feeling terrible. How could she had done this to her best friend? She had made her decision. She would admit it all and would apologise, no matter what the consequences. She stood up and her head was feeling somewhat different.. She put her hands on it and... Her hair! Her beautiful. long shiny hair were gone! She looked on the bed. Her hair were lying there like beams of light. She ran to the mirror. She now had short hair. She actually looked like a boy. She was ready to cry, but a feeling was slowly emerging and transforming her. For the first time in her life she was able to accept her responsibilities. Suddenly she felt as if she grew a bit older. She liked it.

 

Julie looked herself in the mirror once more. She put some make up on her face and left.

© 2012 Katia


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

329 Views
Added on February 20, 2012
Last Updated on February 20, 2012
Tags: psychology, hair, revenge

Author

Katia
Katia

Thessaloniki, Greece



About
I've studied English Literature in Thessaloniki, Greece. I like writing stories especially about people who face mental challenges, sometimes in a dramatic way, othertimes in a comic too. I enjoy read.. more..

Writing