Happy Ending

Happy Ending

A Story by ApocalypticChick

He had been so cruel.  I didn't even realize all those things he did until last night.  For months he had been acting like that, and yet I was blind, and I didn't realize how much he had made me cry.  He hurt me so much, but it was mostly on me and how fragile I am.
Whether he knew what he was doing or not he should have realized.  He was ignoring me, and he was shunning me, and he acted different when girls were around.  He acts like I'm invisible and he doesn't give a damn about me.
I knew it was happening.  He was turning away from me, and he was getting what he wanted.  A bitter reaction.  I couldn't take it anymore.  The pain he was causing.  My friend's were there for me, and he was ignoring me passing me by as one of those girls he once knew.  The school year had ended, and I knew he was going to leave.  I was losing the love of my life.  He didn't know it, but I admired him for his courage, and bravery.  He didn't know that I looked up to him, and he certainly didn't know I was in love with him.  He had left me, brokenhearted several times, but he was one of those people I couldn't let go of.  No matter what I did to try and rid myself of him, I couldn't.  My friend's wanted me to confront him to see if he realized how he was being different.  
Around his friends he ditches me.  His friends were there and before it was just me, and him.  He ditched me, and I was left alone.  He knew I liked to wait around for him, but he didn't acknowledge me at all.  Just another face he saw during his time during school.
I confronted him through the wonderful world of texting.  I knew what the consequences would be if things went wrong, but I took the chance.  He was two different people the way I saw it.  I wasn't the only one who saw that either.  My friend Miranda also saw him acting that way.  He could never focus on only me not even when we were talking his mind was always somewhere else.  When I first questioned him he thought I was joking.  He did claim that got pissed off easily, but he said he didn't have a short attention span.  I couldn't believe what he was saying.  After calling him names I realized that I should go in for the kill.  I made my point across only swearing my head off.  I was blown away at just how stupid he was!
I asked him if he would be better off if I left his damn life.  He said no, and finally after an hour he understood that I was pissed off at something.  By then I was crying, and I was making myself sick.  I told him to figure it out, and told him about what had happened earlier that night.  He said I could have been upset about anything from breakup, sad and complicated love story, death, denial of something I had wanted foREVer, or just depression.  Another half hour had passed before he finally realize it was him.  I told him the lyrics to a song.
This is the way you left me
I'm not pretending
No hope no love no glory
No happy ending.
He questioned why there shouldn't be a happy ending, and he stated that a love story movie always has a happy ending.  I didn't believe what I was reading.  He never came off as the kind of person to believe in happy endings.  I didn't want to believe in happy endings.  I thought they were a hoax a good plot line for a movie or a story sure.  I always thought it was about time something didn't have a happy ending.  He asked me if I wanted a happy ending.  I was in love with him, and balling my eyes out so I couldn't answer that.  I eventually realized that I did, but I knew it would never happen because I categorized it as unrealistic.  I then realized that the whole time I was wrong about him.
Maybe he never did realize he was doing those things, but that didn't matter.  He told me to make it happen.  Give myself a happy ending which I knew was impossible because of um hello breakups.  It couldn't last through high school I thought.

© 2012 ApocalypticChick


Author's Note

ApocalypticChick
A story I thought of describing a situation that could happen. I was listening to Happy Ending by Mika so the title is from that.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

93 Views
Added on June 26, 2012
Last Updated on June 26, 2012

Author

ApocalypticChick
ApocalypticChick

Lavender Town, RI



About
Hello my name is Kat~I am fascinated by all the things unknown to us and I love to think. Nature is something I consider to be my best friend. Standing in the rain is something I like to do as well as.. more..

Writing