The Worst day of My Life

The Worst day of My Life

A Story by SmallTownGirl
"

A girls experience with cancer.

"

It was the day before my 16th birthday, we were picking out a dress for my big reviel. I was so excited we had everhting perfetly plannel out. When my test results had came in and my doctor had called my parents and told them we better come in now. I was so nervous, they would not tell me where we were going or why, All I remember is this feeling in my stumack like something was wrong. Well after about a 15 to 20 minute ride  we showed up to the hospital, I started to asking questions, like why r we here? and why won't you tell me what is goin on? But when i saw my doctors face i knew my test results were not good.  My doctor grabbed my arm softly and said would you please follow me i shock my head yes then my parents followed me. he pulled us into one of his rooms i set down on the bed and then he ooked at me and my parents and said i am so sorry to tell you this but your daughter has cancer. My heart broke into a million pieces and fell onto the floor. I took my head and put it between my legs and started to cry. All i could hear was my mother cry and my dad trying to consoul her, and my doctor tryin to make plans with my parents on my treatment. Then i looked up at my doctor and asked how did this happen and how long have i had this and When did the signs start to show. But then my mind started to answer the questions for me.  My mind took me back to two mounths ago when i was at a softball game and this girl hit the ball and it came straight towards me and it hit me in the leg and how it brusied. And then whin my mid came back i to the present time i looked down at my leg and the bruise was still there. I wanted to break down and just cry. But i knew i not let this defeat me. I was born a fighter and i was not goin down without one. So i pulled myself together looked my parents in eyes and said you did not raise no wennie you raised a young warrior and i am not goin down with a fight. So please straighten up and be tough for me because that is what i need more then your pity. So we made some plans for my kemo treatmens. And the next night i went to my 16th birthday party and had the best night of my life.

Two years later

I have been going to my kemo treatments faithfully and i had prayed everynight since i had started. And now am cancer free and and living life to its fullest I am so greatful for my parents support and loveing care. I am also thankful for gods grace and mercy, to me my story shows how god can use something so big to show you the little things like prayer and faith work even on the big  things.

© 2009 SmallTownGirl


Author's Note

SmallTownGirl
sorry about the spelling

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

115 Views
Added on September 7, 2009