A World Gone Bad

A World Gone Bad

A Story by Kay
"

This is a sci-fi story thought up by conversations I have with my boyfriend

"
I remember the day the world ended. There were many philosophy's about how the world would end. This was not one of them. Our world turned into something people only fantasized about. I remember the day the world ended, and you never would have guessed it was coming. 
5:45 a.m.
I woke up that day, Saturday August 24, 2020,feeling oddly refreshed for it being so early on a weekend. I turn my head to the left and my boyfriend is still fast asleep. I ease out of bed trying not to wake him. I walk around our small Los Angeles apartment to the kitchen. I put on a pot of coffee and start to mix some pancake batter. As I pour the freshly brewed coffee I feel soft, gentle hands wrap around my waist. 
  "Good morning sweetie" Amadeus said in a smooth, deep voice. "Mmm, pancakes and coffee right when I wake up. This is why I love you Piper!" he kisses my head and goes to get plates and syrup. We sit down on the couch with our breakfast and enjoy the quiet morning. Or so it seemed. We ate quietly for it had been too early to spark up any conversation.
 "Honey, those were amazing" Amadeus said as he ate his last bite.
 "Well I'm glad you liked it darling, I love having these breakfasts with you." I said while I gathered up the mugs and plates off the coffee table and put them in the sink. When I stepped out of the kitchen, Amadeus wasn't on the couch anymore. I figured he went to the restroom, so I headed toward the sofa when, "Boo!" Amadeus yelled as he jumped out from behind the wall. He picked me up and twirled me around.
 "Amadeus, you put me down right now or all that pancake will be coming up soon." I laughed. 
He set me down on the couch and he sat close beside me. He leaned in closer and stared into my eyes lovingly. He softly touched my face. But, then swiftly darted to my waist and started tickling me. As I struggled to find a tickle spot on him to seek revenge, I noticed something outside.
 "Hey, stop. Please." Amadeus eased off and I got up and slowly walked to the window.
I pulled back the curtain a little more and I was shocked at what had became of the city.
With my hands over my mouth, I fell to my knees in fear of what I had seen. Tears streamed down my cheeks as I began to shake out of terror.
 "A-A-Amadeus, turn on the news." I managed to say.
He turned on the News-Channel and rushed over to me and looked out the window too. He shut the curtains violently and came down on the floor beside me. He held me close as we watched the news. 
Amadeus:
As I stared at the flashing screen I was horrified. I held Piper tight, for I didn't know what was going to happen to us. I was afraid, but I knew I couldn't let it show. I needed to be strong for Piper, I needed to be strong for us. I knew what we had to do. We needed to flee. Escape the invasion. It'll keep her safe. Even if I die along the way.
 8:34 a.m.
I faithfully followed Amadeus outside. He had packed up our 1997 Cadillac as though as if we were camping. We had clothes, blankets, lanterns, gas, food and water, weapons, medicine, and a few little odds and ends. I had no idea where we were going. But under the circumstances, I knew he was trying to save me. 
Driving through the city was nearly impossible. There were tons of cars and people trying to get in cars. Everyone was fleeing the city. Which I wouldn't blame them.
Amadeus:
The news this morning was horrifying. I was debating whether or not to leave home. I'm glad we did. But, the non-infested places will kill each other before the monsters come. Yes, monsters. Not even, more like a creature-creating virus that was engulfing the world faster than we could run. By the time you drove a mile, you'd probably be infected. A mile later the symptoms begin. In a third mile, and your last mile, you'd be dead. Minutes later you are revived, but with a burning passion for blood. The illness is apparent in the skin and the virus crawls up your body. As your skin blackens your vision blurs and speech slurs. These creatures are terrifying. These things, these Demons, are not human. Defiantly things born from Lucifer's blood. 
 11:57 a.m.
Amadeus stopped the car. He took the key out of ignition and looked at me in the eye. He just kept staring at me, then he started to cry and lashed out in some sort of outrage. He punched the steering wheel, which let out a loud honk. He climbed out of the car and slammed the door. He started to punch the hood of the car. I'd never seen him like this. It scared me even more than I was already scared. I was worried that my rock had cracked. I started to tear up. I went out side and grabbed his arms. I tried calming him down. 
"I am so sorry" he finally said. 
"Sorry for what darling? You've done nothing wrong" I asked worryingly. 
"I've never seen you this scared before. I'm afraid that I might be putting you in danger or that I may not be able to save you. I'm sorry that I've put you through this danger." he said through a broken voice. 
As calmly as I could with out crying myself I said " you haven't put me in any more danger than I was already in. If I die along the way, and least I would have died happy." He nodded. He took a couple of deep breaths and went back into the car. He sat there for a minute and put the key back in ignition.
Amadeus:
For the first time in my life I had cracked in front of Piper. I really shouldn't have, especially now. She needed me and I broke down. She still needs me. I know I have to stay strong for her. Keep her safe. I need to get her to a safe place. I'm not sure where yet. But, I will do anything and everything to save her life.
12:45 p.m.
We had been driving for hours with no destination. We've aimlessly drove into the desert and someone had smuggled most of our supplies, including our extra gas. I have no idea why Amadeus would go into the middle of the dessert with few supplies.
"Honey, you do realize we're in Death Valley right now, right? We do not have a road beneath our tires. We have few supplies left, and no gas. What the hell are we doing out here?!" I was a little annoyed and worried.
"Just trust me, okay?" as he said that, the car made an awful noise and shut off. White smoke was flowing out from underneath the hood.
Amadeus looked at me with a worried look, "Okay, maybe it's not as good as I thought it was."
We sat there in the silence. I had no idea what to do, or say, or feel. I guess I was a little angry. But, I was mostly terrified. What if those things came after us. We weren't prepared for an attack...
We weren't prepared for anything. We'd probably get infected before we are caught though.

© 2015 Kay


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
613
This has A LOT of potential. But as of right now, the story is all over the place. I suggest you add way more detail during the time frames. Your punctuation & grammar need some help as well. But overall, I could really see this becoming a best seller someday. Just keep at it; edit it & edit it again. I'd love to read more!

-Brittney

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Nice car. Still a little all over the place. Um…(where's the rest of the story?) Kay you have me fully interested in this small sifi short story that I kinda wanna know more. Lol but over all great. But in the beginning space it out. And y'all sound more like a married couple than BF and GF.

Also…(where am I?!?!?😂)

Posted 9 Years Ago


Kay

9 Years Ago

sure, yup... dead.. lets go with that
Izabe143

9 Years Ago

So mean. You should have more imagination than that
Izabe143

8 Years Ago

Nice. Maybe you should make this a book. That be cool cause your making a Demond book and I'll be ma.. read more
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
613
This has A LOT of potential. But as of right now, the story is all over the place. I suggest you add way more detail during the time frames. Your punctuation & grammar need some help as well. But overall, I could really see this becoming a best seller someday. Just keep at it; edit it & edit it again. I'd love to read more!

-Brittney

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

239 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 21, 2015
Last Updated on April 29, 2015

Author

Kay
Kay

A Place, OH



About
Poems are my area of expertise I am just a beginner, I'd like some positive feed back. But other than that, I'm a very indecisive person. I like almost all music I don't have a single favorite co.. more..

Writing
Shadows and Lights Shadows and Lights

A Chapter by Kay


Love Is A Mystery Love Is A Mystery

A Chapter by Kay