Insecure

Insecure

A Story by PoeticJustice
"

One young teenager feels insecure about herself, but soon realizes that she's perfect the way she is.

"

Does she feel hated? No. Does she feel misunderstood? Possibly. Does she feel insecure?


Definitely.


How could she not feel insecure? She doesn't have many friends, but she usually keeps to herself anyway. It's not like she doesn't want any companions; it's that she doesn't know how to gain their friendship. She feels insecure around other people, always afraid that they're going to judge her, tell her that she's not good enough for anyone.


She doesn't have a boyfriend. She's insecure about her appearance and her personality to the point where she doesn't think she's good enough for any boy to love her. She has a crush on the most perfect boy, but she can't find the confidence to tell him because she fears rejection.


She feels like an outcast in her own family. Her parents are always busy, and even when they have time on their hands, they barely ever pay any attention to her. Her two older siblings are always telling her how wimpy or scared she is of everything and anyone, and they always make fun of her. She feels insecure, like she's just another mouth to feed instead of a loved child.


But these feelings aren't an all-the-time thing. There are some days where she doesn't feel insecure.


Some days she knows that her friends are really her friends. She knows that they care about her and support her through both good and bad times. And, on those days, even though she doesn't like to make new friends, she's thankful for the ones she already has.


Some days she's okay with not having a boyfriend. She knows that love is a thing that shouldn't be rushed or forced. She knows that she's still young, and that she has the rest of her life to find 'the one'. Even so, when 'the one' comes her way, she'll just let nature takes its course.


Some days she's grateful for her family. She knows that her parents love her very much, and that they're just trying their hardest to keep their children happy and healthy. She knows that her siblings are only playing with her, and that they really do care about her. On those days, she feels like she really is part of the family.


So, everyone has their moment of insecurity and self-doubt. But in those moments, we should hold our heads up, think like this girl, and realize that the precious things in our lives are what give us confidence and security.

© 2014 PoeticJustice


Author's Note

PoeticJustice
This is slightly based off of my own personal insecurities.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

102 Views
Added on November 12, 2014
Last Updated on November 25, 2014
Tags: girl, insecure, perfect

Author

PoeticJustice
PoeticJustice

LA



About
I am an...aspiring young writer, so to speak. I am female and I live in the United States. I hope to actually become a writer when I grow up. more..

Writing