You Never Truly Forget

You Never Truly Forget

A Story by Kayla

Chapter 1

 

 

            I jumped over roots and dodged tree limbs, trying to run faster and faster.  I looked back behind me and he was still chasing me, getting closer to me.  It got harder for me to breathe and my vision started to get fuzzy.  I started to slow down because my legs started to feel like jello.  There was a hard blow to my back and I fell to the ground.  I looked up to see the person in the ski mask before there was a blow to my head and everything went black.

            I woke up sweating and out of breathe with my heart racing.  I’ve had these dreams for a while now and to be honest, I’m not a strong believer on the whole dreams mean something because nothing has happened since I started to get these dreams.

            I went to go take a shower to get ready for the day.  It’s the first day of summer and also my first summer out of high school.  I didn’t really know what I was going to do because I have no job and all my friends went down to beach.  I didn’t go with them because I wanted to save my money for college starting next fall.  When I got out of the shower, I pulled my hair up into a messy bun and slapped some makeup on.  It was a pretty day so I decide to take a drive up to the national forest. I was walking on a trail for about an hour when I decided to go off the trail and found a huge tree next to a waterfall to sit under.  I closed my eyes to listen to the sound of the waterfall and the birds chirping. There was a twig that snapped nearby and I figured that it was just a curious animal so I didn’t bother opening my eyes.  All of the sudden someone grabbed my eyes and jerked me up to my feet. When I opened my eyes a saw a gorgeous guy looking around nervously, he then proceed to drag me away from my spot under the tree.   I was trying to pull away or make him loosen his grip but he just held on tighter to my arm and started to walk faster. 

            “Who the hell are you?” I asked, my voice shaking.  He didn’t even seem to notice that I said something instead he just picked up the pace to a jog.  There was a truck in the distance and our jog became a full on run.  My heart started to pound harder and my palms started to sweat. I started thinking this is it, he is going to take me somewhere and kill me.  But we are alone in the woods so why would he have just killed me then? Why would he take me out where people could see us even though they probably wouldn’t even notice?  When we reached the truck, he opened the passenger door and pushed me into it.  He slammed the door close and in a blink of an eye he was in the driver’s seat and had the truck cranked up. He speed off and soon we were on the highway.

 

 

Chapter 2

            “So are you going to tell me who the hell you are and why you are kidnaping me?” I asked and he only looked at me and then back at the road without saying a word.  “So nothing? Can I at least get a name? Or are you just going to ignore me?”

            “Jake.” He said turning to look at me. His eyes looked like the ocean, I could just stare into them all the time. For a moment I forgot that he had in fact kidnaped me and wouldn’t tell me anything.

            “Why are you kidnaping me?” I tried asking again.

            “I’m not” He said keeping his eyes on the road.

            “So then what is this? A hobby? A bet? Some kind of sick joke?” I was starting to get mad, I wasn’t so much scared because there was something that was telling me he was going to hurt me.

            “No, listen Abby you will understand everything in time.”

            “Wait how do you know my name?” his facial expression changed and he seemed hurt.

            “So you don’t remember anything I’m guessing”

            “About what? I’ve never seen you before in my life” my words hit him hard and he looked like a sad puppy. I started to feel bad, I didn’t mean to hurt him but I have never seen him before. “What don’t I remember?” I asked hoping to get some answers.

            “Me, us. Everything that we’ve been through.”

            “But I’ve never seen you before, are you sure that you don’t have me mixed up with another girl?”

            “I could never mix you up with another girl. Ever.” He looked at me and smiled shyly. I don’t know why he thinks he knows me but even if he did and cared about me then why did he use so much force?

            “Why were you so rough with me earlier?” I asked almost in a whisper.

            “Because I was afraid of this. Of you not remembering and knowing you, you have to have answers. You wouldn’t have come with me, you would have run the other way.”

            “But why did we have to leave?”

            “Because it’s dangerous.”

            “What is?” nothing was making any sense.

            “I don’t want to overwhelm you with all of this, I will explain the danger another time.”

             “Then will you tell me about” I paused for a second before saying “us?” The look on his face told me he didn’t want to but I want some answers.

            “We were madly in love, we would do anything for one another.” He said looking at me. He then pulled the truck off to the side of the road and turned it off. “We met when you were on a walk.” He paused not wanting to go on.

            “And?” I asked pushing him to keep going.

            “And when you saw me off the side of the trail, you walked up to me and started to talk about everything. You were an open book to me and told me all of your problems.” Why would I tell him everything about me? I always kept everything to myself. “You were talking non-stop until it started getting dark and you had to go. I walked with you to your car and you asked me if I would be there tomorrow at the same time. And that’s how we met, we talked every day and we learned everything about each other, we had no secrets.”  His eyes dropped and I knew he was leaving something out but I didn’t push him because he looked really hurt.

            “I’m sorry but I don’t remember any of this.” I said trying to catch his eyes but he kept them locked on the ground. He looked up for a second and started the truck. We rode in silence until we arrived at a house in the middle of nowhere. He got out but I was still sitting trying to figure it all out, because I just didn’t understand.  My door opened and Jake was standing there with a forced smile.  There were other cars at the house and smoke coming out of the chimney. I got out and Jake closed the door behind me and a tall, skinny boy that look to be about 15 came running out.

            “Jake, Abby” he yelled very excitedly. I guess I must have known him before, when I supposedly knew Jake.

            Abby, this is Conner.” Jake told me and then looked at Conner like he was telling him I don’t remember anything. 

            “Oh.” Conner said and looked down at the ground. They started to walk towards the house and I followed close behind but stopped at the bottom if the stairs. The guys kept going, they didn’t notice that I stopped. I pulled out my phone and stared at it wanting to call my mom and dad, but they have been dead for a year now. It was only me and my big brother Ryan but he was always working to keep the house and to put food on the table. I tried to help him out with money as much as I could.  My eyes started to water and I could feel myself losing control so I ran back over to the truck and sat in the bed of it to cry. I didn’t know why I was crying because I never cried before not even when I found out that my parents had been killed. I just felt scared and lonely, I wanted to go home. There was then strong arms around me, I didn’t bother to look up at who it was instead I just fell into the arms because I felt safe there and it felt right. I collected myself after a few more minutes of crying and looked up to see that it was Jake who was holding me. He kissed the top of my head gently and looked me in my eyes.

            “I know this must be scary for you Abs, hell I’m surprised you are even keeping this calm about everything.”  I pulled away from him.

            “I wanna go home.” I whispered.  We sat there in silence for a while, we didn’t even look at each other.  I got up and hopped out of the truck, making my way towards the woods. But Jake grabbed my arm before I could make it.

            “Don’t go in the woods.” He said pulling me back.

            “Why?”

            “It’s not safe.”

            “Why?”

            “It’s just not. Can you just trust me on that?”

            “Can you take me home?” 

            “No.” he said releasing his grip from my arm.

            “Then no.” I took off towards the woods running as fast as I could.  Jake didn’t bother to stop me nor to my knowledge chase after me.  I slowed down to a walk, looking for a place to rest. About a mile or so, I stopped in an open field of grass. It was so peaceful here and I fell asleep in a matter of minutes.

 

 

 

Chapter 3

            “Go, run! Run as fast and as far as you can. Don’t stop not even when you feel like you can’t run anymore. Whatever you do just keep running.”

            “But what about you?”

            “Don’t worry about me, now go!”

            “Not without you.”

            “GO!”

© 2013 Kayla


Author's Note

Kayla
Ignore any grammar or mistakes. What are your thoughts on the story, is it good or bad or just ok? Does it make you wonder whats going to happen? Also i would love some ideas for it. I dont really know a good title for it either. Hope you enjoy :) One last thing i know that this has chapters and should be labeled as a book but it didnt want to upload any other way

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is a very interesting story, though I kind of have to say the plot is quite a bit similar to one of my books I was going to write called "Forgotten" Where either the guy or the girl goes off across the country and when they find each other again one doesn't remember the other... I would love to read more though. :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Kayla

10 Years Ago

Thanks!! :)
Silent Wolf

10 Years Ago

Of course!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

77 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on October 17, 2013
Last Updated on October 17, 2013

Author

Kayla
Kayla

About
Hey yall!! So my name is Kayla, I'm from a small town. I love to read, write, play soccer, and pretty much be outside. I am very involved at school and love to hang out with all my friends. I have.. more..

Writing
It just can't be It just can't be

A Story by Kayla