Coke in a Glass Bottle

Coke in a Glass Bottle

A Story by kbjami
"

yep

"

Writer’s Notes

           This story is a piece of fiction and should not be viewed as glorifying anything. All of the characters are made up, including your humble narrator, and the events are made up as well, even though I’m sure some of them happen all the time. Also while reading this do realize that some of the content is meant to be viewed as if the narrator is made up and not resembling the author. Also I do warn that there is some material that some might find offensive including, but not limited to; harsh language, sexual organs/acts are mentioned, drug use, talk of drugs, and bad mouthing parents. I hope you enjoy reading this story. Thank you.

Actual Story

           I was rushing out of the house as the door slammed behind me. I was furious with the heat of anger boiling in my body. I didn’t give a s&^# at all at that point for with all of this rage there is only one thing that could completely calm me down . . . a damn coke a glass bottle.

           I got into a fight with my folks since they kept criticizing me over the stupidest things so I dished the criticism back, but that’s what made them furious at me and so in turn made me mad as well. Why the Coke in a bottle I do not know, but I was walking out of my neighborhood and crossing the busy street to go to the grocery store.

           As I was walking across the street a car came speeding right by me, even though there was a red light, almost hitting me, but I was lucky. It startled me for a second, but then it just left my mind as if it was the norm for my focus was just on getting that coke in a bottle.

            I cross through the parking lot and enter the store and went straight for the pop section. I could find coke in cans, little cans, big bottles, medium bottles, little bottles and everything else, but I couldn’t find a damn Coke in a glass bottle. I couldn’t believe it! How dare they! How dare they not have in stock any Coke in a glass bottle! I screamed real loud as a customer near me looked at me startled and then hustled away.

             I go and seek the manager and asked him “Where are the Cokes in glass bottles?”

            He looked at me oddly and said, “They still made those?”

            I was dumbfounded by this answer. How could he not know? They use to have them in stock, sure they were a little expensive, but Coke is at its best in a glass bottle. I reply with, “Yes they do. You guys actually use to have them, but it looks like they’re gone now and I must know why!”

          “Well I don’t know sir . . . but here fill this out,” he hands me a review form and continues with, “This will get you answers maybe . . . I don’t know just do it.”

            I looked at this for 15 seconds straight and then glared back at the manager. He looked at me sort of confused, but out of nowhere a crumpled piece of paper hits him on the head. Oh I wonder how that could have happened. No idea where that paper came from.

          He starts to yell and give me the old “this generation is going to hell” complaints as I walk out. I didn’t give much attention to his yelling and kept going because I must continue my journey for a damn Coke in a glass bottle.

          As I’m walking out a friend of mine, Steven came running after me. He told me he saw the whole thing and asked me what was wrong. I explained to him how I was trying to get a Coke in a bottle and how now I was trying to figure out how I was going to get to Wal Mart and see if they had any.

          After this Steven says to me, “Hey don’t worry man. I got you covered man. I’ll drive you there, but first I gotta do something and then I can take you man. Are you fine with that?”

           I felt a little odd about this since I knew how Steven can be and I could already imagine what he had to do first, but then I just said f#@% it in my head and took Steven’s offer. He seemed a little excited about me coming and he directed me to his old Honda. It wasn’t a bad car and it drove smoothly, but some windows didn’t open and the radio would only work sometimes, but still I wouldn’t mind owning it.

          If you’re wondering about Steven’s appearance then just use how you picture me except shorter hair and a little bigger.

          Well as I’m about to get into Steven’s car my phone began to ring and I already knew who it was . . . It was my mother and as soon as I answer, I hear this

        “Where the f#@% are you?”

          I was still angry and so shouted, “I’m trying to get a damn Coke in a glass bottle, but this crappy store sucks so I’m going to be with Steven and we’re going to get it somewhere else and I’m not coming home till I get it and that’s it! Even if it takes all night. Is that okay? Good! Bye!”

          I hang up the phone and put it in my pocket. I get in the car and we start to drive off. My phone begins to ring again, but I just ignored it. She continued to call, but I kept ignoring it and she eventually stopped. Steven asked me about what was going on, but I basically told him that nothing was wrong and to leave it.

          A few minutes went by and so I asked Steen what he had to do and he said.

        “We’re going to Corky’s place real quick man. I gotta buy some stuff man.”

         I knew he was going to go buy some pot and smoke it sometime. I didn’t mind it and hell I sometimes would join in, but I don’t smoke constantly like Steven does and I knew where the night could head and it’s not good usually.

         We pull up in front of Corky’s house and Steven goes in real quick and comes back out with a brown bag. Oh I wonder what could possibly be in it? Maybe a rainbow. Yeah for sure a rainbow. So we leave and I asked if we could go to Wal Mart now and he said we could so now I’m back on my journey for a Coke in a glass bottle.

         We go into Wal Mart and I go in anxiously looking for a Coke in a glass bottle. I go to the place where Coke in a glass bottle usually is and I couldn’t believe it! There was no more Coke in a glass bottle. I go talk to a worker to see if maybe they had anymore in the back, but when he returned he told me that they sold out and that the next shipment won’t be in till about 11PM today and for me to maybe come back later if I could. This really pinched a nerve for me and Steven had to walk me back to the car. I couldn’t believe it and when it seemed like I was just about to explode I became silent, I got in the car and we drove off.

           After a few minutes of dead silence he says to me, “You know we can go at 11pm. It’s no big deal. Just about 4 hours away man. Let’s just go over to Rachel’s place and smoke some of this stuff man. Time will go by and you’ll have your Coke before you know it man.”

          I replied, “Well you can smoke that s&!#. I’ll just chill.”

        “Alright man. Whatever you want.”

         We headed over to Rachel’s place even though I hate it over there, plus I’m not that crazy about Rachel either. Actually Steven isn’t either, but here’s the thing, if you live somewhere where you’re allowed to do drugs and anyone can come over without your parents caring then a lot more people will like you. If you can provide the safe place to smoke then it doesn’t matter who you are. Quite sad really, but that’s the case with Rachel.

            We arrive at Rachel’s house and go in. We head straight to her room and let me tell you how terrible this place is. It reeks of pot and ash is all over the carpet. I feel sick every time I’m there and it’s very cold. Music is always playing and I swear I’ve never heard a good song. When we got in others were there of course. They were all getting high or drunk.

           Steven started rolling a joint and talking to the others while I went over to this bean bag chair in the corner to lie down. My eyes started to get heavy and the talking and laughter and s****y music started to fade out as drifted off in my thoughts . . .

 

          All of a sudden I found myself in the woods fully naked running as fast as I could. It was night out and the moon and stars were non-existent. I didn’t know why I was running or if I was running from something, but I couldn’t look back because I knew I couldn’t slow down at all if I were to reach my goal  . . . whatever that was. As I’m running I found myself falling into a pit. When I look up I see my family and friends walking around laughing and I could see shovels in their hands and dirt on their face.

         I call for help, but all they do is look at me for a second and then walk off laughing. I scream and cry begging for someone to help me out of here, but not one will help me. As I’m about to try to climb out I start to hear people yelling at each other and then I felt my body being shook . . .

 

          Steven is shaking me telling me we have to leave since he wouldn’t f#%@ Rachel or something. I didn’t catch everything he said, but I heard we had to leave and I was more than happy to leave. It was cold out and very dark out. We get into Steven’s car and just sat there. 

          He said that Rachel started coming onto him and that she had started to throw herself at him and kept trying to touch his penis, but he didn’t want that “ho-bag” as he put it near him so he pushed her away and this angered her and so now we’re here in the Honda.

           As I sit back and try to relax I noticed the time and a feeling of happiness rushes throughout my body. The time said it was 1:33AM so that means my Coke in a glass bottle has arrived at Wal Mart. Oh I was so excited and happy that I almost pissed out a leprechaun.

           I tell him to take us straight to Wal Mart, but then he says this of all things

         “Man, I’m too high and drunk to drive. We’ll get it tomorrow. I just want to sleep.”

        A feeling of shock ran through out my body and my mind just went ape s%!@. My mind kept going and going and all I could do was cry. Tears ran down my face and straight back into the pit I went except this pit is covered and just hours of darkness overcame . . .

 

        Steven wakes me up and says, “Hey man, wake up. Do you still want that Coke?”

        “Yeah I do.” I replied, “But I’m quite disappointed man. I don’t know anymore.”

       “Well did you want to die from me driving drunk? I can already answer that for you man. Also shut up and don’t be a whiny b***h! It’s 5:25AM and we’re getting that Coke now because I’m starting to crave it so are you ready?”

         I was shocked by all he said since he usually doesn’t talk like that, but I agreed to go to Wal Mart to get that Coke. As minutes went by I realized ‘holy s#!* I’m finally going to get that Coke!’ and the excitement came rushing back. We finally get there and I could barely contain myself. That Coke in a glass bottle was only a couple hundred steps away and everything that has happened seems to be worth it.

         We reach the isle where the Coke would be and there it was. I got two for me and Steven. We then went to go check out. Sure the Coke wasn’t cold, but I didn’t care. The Coke is in my hands and soon to touch my lips. We paid and we rush outside and head straight to his car. We get in and I ask Steven for his Swiss army knife since it had a bottle opener.

         He reaches into his pocket and then a look of confusion was on his face. I said, “What’s wrong man? Where’s your knife?”

        He replied, “I lost it man. It must have fallen out of my pocket when Rachel tried to f*@# me.”

       “So no bottle opener?”

       “I’m sorry man, but no bottle opener . . .”

 

The End

© 2011 kbjami


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

158 Views
Added on June 22, 2011
Last Updated on June 22, 2011

Author

kbjami
kbjami

OH



About
I like music a lot. more..

Writing
Derp Derp

A Poem by kbjami


Green Rose Green Rose

A Poem by kbjami