Vanity

Vanity

A Story by Mustang
"

High school drama between three girls

"

   A friend of a friend called her a w***e. She hated the way she smiled and laughed, the way she walked with her tall thin legs and the way her hair looked messy but soft. Jealously ran through every vein, squinting her eyes with hate and disgust, calling her slum for the wholes in her jeans and the metal band t-shirt of someone she never heard of. The way her eyes were blue like water but mascara smeared from tears of pain. Jane was quiet as the two walked by, pretending they knew nothing about her but whispered the lies she knew they would tell. "I heard she slept with Joe and his best friend Dave, then a month later it was Matt Stevens, the football liner with a slick Mustang. Can you believe it. She's such a ditz thinking they actually wanted to sleep with her for her smarts. It was all for show and who got her first."

   As Jane walked by down the hall way, the two girls looked with a smirk and laughed as others staired until the bell rang. She opened her locker and cried in silence until she had every book she needed for Calculus and History, her two favorite classes. "I'll make history" she said to herself. "I swore mom I would and won't let her fail me."

   The two other girls watched and stared, looking at each other in disbelief that Jane spoke up to no one but her shadow. "Hey Jane, Matt said you were hot in the sheets. What's he like? Fast and furious" the one said and the other girl busted out laughing. No one else was around to hear as Jane bowed her head and closed her eyes, but no more tears fell from her soul. She lifted her head and then turned around, looking at one and then the other for a good thirty seconds.

"What's wrong Jane? Cat got your tongue, or is it Dave?" They both then smirked and snarled waiting for Jane to respond.         Finally Jane stepped in a bit closer, lifting her back pack up over her shoulder and holding the books she needed for class. She pointed a finger first at Ally then at Shelly, both in shock and stood still for a second, then Shelly replied in a silent and up close voice. "Touch me and you die w***e. I know the truth."

Jane squinted her eyes and thought for a second. "Your not worth the air I breathe. You have no idea who you're f*****g with". The two girls stood silent as Jane turned away and walked into class. Both of her "friends" took a deep breath as they looked at each other and said not a word. Jane was gone 

© 2022 Mustang


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hello. Right back to high school with this one. hope all is well. Glad it is concluded, those high school days of sarcasm.

Posted 1 Year Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

45 Views
1 Review
Added on June 4, 2022
Last Updated on June 4, 2022
Tags: drama, school, vanity, pain

Author

Mustang
Mustang

About
Have three girls, two dogs, and love to read, write, and play the piano when there is time. It's a passion, obsession, and escape from reality. more..

Writing
Blue Bird Blue Bird

A Story by Mustang


Marie Marie

A Story by Mustang





Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5