Little Red

Little Red

A Story by Nicole

My name is Little Red Riding hood, Red for short. At least it was before I died. This is my story.
You’ve all probably heard of my story already. Only, your parents all probably only told you of the goody-two-shoes fairytale version. But what I’m about to tell you is the real version. Be warned it is a gory version.
I guess you’ve always heard I was on my way to my grandma’s house when I was eaten. This is a big, fat lie! I’ve never even had a grandma.
The truth is that I lived in a house, with my mother and little sister, in the forest and I was on my way to the market. I was in the deepest, darkest part of the forest when I met the wolf.
“Hello, tasty,” he had said to me in a hoarse voice. He smiled evilly at me, showing me big, white, sharp teeth that were stained red with blood.
My eyes widened as I looked up at his cold, red eyes. I tried to swallow down my fears, but they wouldn’t go away. But I was determined to even appear brave. For I was a girl, and girls were always described as fragile things that are scared of everything even slightly frightening.
Before I could even move, the wolf broke all my fingers on one of my hands. I cried out with agony, but no one could hear me. The sound echoed off the tree tops.
He went for my other hand, but I moved fast enough to dodge it. His poisonous nails cut the skin of my stomach. I winced in pain. But before he could do me any more damage, I stabbed him with a dagger I always kept at my hip. I watched as his eyes widened with pain and shock. I dug the blade deeper into his cold, black heart.
Then, when I could tell he was dead, I let go. He fell to the ground and I stood over him. But a wave of nausea rushed over me. I staggered back, bracing myself against it. But I couldn’t take it.
I fell to my knees and wrenched and heaved until I could no more. Then I lied down on my back. I could tell I was dying. I could feel the pain as the poison spread through my bloodstream.
After a few ragged breaths I was dead. I floated through the sky, flying higher and higher each second. Then I was suddenly nowhere, where I have stayed for the past 400 years.   

© 2009 Nicole


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Oh my. You've really recreated the whole "Little Red" story in a way that I never thought possible. Either a lot of thought was put into this piece, or it was a random spur of the moment write. I think this was intriguing, whichever method it was thought up. You're writing style really does suit the story, and I've got chills after reading this. I never thought I'd be this fearful after reading the innocent childhood tale of little Red. Great job on this write, it's both unique and gruesome.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Excellent story from this. It's very twisted and dark.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Oh my. You've really recreated the whole "Little Red" story in a way that I never thought possible. Either a lot of thought was put into this piece, or it was a random spur of the moment write. I think this was intriguing, whichever method it was thought up. You're writing style really does suit the story, and I've got chills after reading this. I never thought I'd be this fearful after reading the innocent childhood tale of little Red. Great job on this write, it's both unique and gruesome.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

234 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 1, 2009

Author

Nicole
Nicole

Aurora, CO



Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Nicole


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Nicole


Left Standing Left Standing

A Book by Nicole