Late Night Ramblings: Mild language/alcohol/drugs

Late Night Ramblings: Mild language/alcohol/drugs

A Story by keewee93
"

It is 12:07am, I'm drunk and decided it would be the greatest f*****g idea in the world to try write something. I found a prompt on the internet and decided to run with it.

"

The waves were heard crashing against the rocks and rumbling as they tumbled over themselves up the shore. A steady breeze blew in from the sea, carrying the salt over the beach. The salt spay was barely felt by the people who were making use of the sand to have a fire pit. Embers were picked up in the breeze, once glowing red, now falling back to earth as dried out charcoal.

These people on the beach talked and laughed amongst themselves, one would occasionally throw her head back, staring into the night sky. Perhaps she was thinking about how tiny she was in comparison to the rest of the universe, or perhaps she had smoked a bit too much and was completely zoned out in her own world.

As she lay back, back resting on the sand, she heard her friends yelling for her. She couldn't understand why they were yelling at her, but she slowly propped herself up on her elbows, her long, blue dyed hair spilling down her back like a waterfall.

Anna, you can't just lay down there forever!” one of her friends told her, giggling at herself and pushing back a stray lock of blonde hair behind her ear, the fire reflecting in the many pieces of jewelery that sat in their places on the ear.

The girl with the blue hair, now identified as Anna, giggled. “I can, and I will,” she replied to the blonde, her voice slow, laden with the after effects of smoking marijuana.

Jess,” interrupted the third girl, smiling at her friends. “Believe me, you need to try that stuff, lay back and tell us what you feel,”

The blonde shook her head, “As much as I want to, you guys know I can't,”

But the job interview is so far away,” Anna complained, referring to a council job that Jess would have to be drug tested for.

It doesn't matter Anna, I will drink, but I will not smoke,” Jess replied, giving stern looks to her friends as a reminder that she was deadly serious. Pulling her gaze away from the women, she reached down for her drink and stared off into the fire pit.

The calm of the beach atmosphere rolled back over the group of friends that were huddled around the fire. It would only be a few moments before the scream was heard; loud and shrill.

Startling the group, their muddy mind state caused a late delay, and they found themselves stumbling around the fire pit, scared as to what that sound had been.

That was definitely a scream, wasn't it?” Anna asked. “I'm not tripping that hard,”

It definitely sounded like a scream to me,” Jess confirmed, looking at the other member of the group. “Sophie, you're the most sober of us, please tell me that, that was just an animal,”

The girl looked between her two friends, both scared out of the minds, “I suppose it could have been a person,” she told them, a small grin forming on her face. “But then it could have just been an animal, loads of creatures come out at night,”

Anna rolled her eyes, her friend's sarcasm crashing like the waves behind them. “Why must you do that?” she asked, reaching forward, trying to snatch the phone out of Sophie's hands.

Jess finally clicked, “You think that's funny, do you?” she questioned. “Scaring the mentally unable,”

Sophie laughed loudly, surrendering her phone so the stoned Anna could tap play and repeat the screaming noise. Sure enough, the noise sounded in the quiet air around them. “I hate liars,” Anna sulked, throwing herself back onto the sand.

Sophie, perhaps we should go,” Jess said, meaning to inform all of them. “The fire has nearly died and you've scared the s**t out of us,”

Sophie giggled again, pulling Anna back to her feet. “C'mon then,” she said, picking up some of the left over rubbish. “Till next time,”







© 2015 keewee93


Author's Note

keewee93
Any kind of feedback is great.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I like the descriptions in the story and your use of words to draw the reader into the story.its a gift many writers struggle to attain and you do it so naturally its so beautiful...the only thing i'm not comfortable is that there isn't any theme i could decipher. Well you said you were drunk so well...it was a great story though

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I like the descriptions in the story and your use of words to draw the reader into the story.its a gift many writers struggle to attain and you do it so naturally its so beautiful...the only thing i'm not comfortable is that there isn't any theme i could decipher. Well you said you were drunk so well...it was a great story though

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

298 Views
1 Review
Added on January 17, 2015
Last Updated on January 17, 2015
Tags: beach, alcohol, drugs, lame, late night, first story, review, nonsense

Author

keewee93
keewee93

Wellington, New Zealand



About
21 year old female who is from New Zealand. I find myself struggling to deal with my emotions and when this happens I either get violent or I try write my feelings out. more..