Southeastern Texas

Southeastern Texas

A Story by Kelsey Desmond
"

This is a sequel story to Three Books, an Umbrella, and Samantha Hinds. With love, to Evelyn. YOUR SEQUEL AS YOU WISHED!!!

"

Corri hugged her black cap, and long drapping robe. She stood in front of the mirror in her childish bedroom that hadn't changed since she was in second grade, except her bed which had upgraded size and color. Excitement filled her body. From farm-girl to graduating senior. Life seem to move too fast, but she didn't dare stop it. She liked the feeling of where she was now, and how she got there.

 

"Corri! Corri!" Called her mother from down the stairs. "The cab is here!"  The white family didn't own a car. They still lived on Strong Perfection: the smallest farm in Southastern Texas. The only change that had been made since first grade, was that her grandmother had died, and her grandfather moved awayto live in a senior home in New York. 

 

Corri took another deep sigh, then answered back to her mother. "Coming!" She lifted the end of the robe, and trotted down the stairs. She had grown in the past few years. She was one of the tallest in her class, and one of the most popular, too! Sady MCeeman had moved to California and nobody but Samantha, Corri, and a boy named Aaron had still lived in Texas since First Grade. Samantha liked a boy named Christopher, and Corri had never had a crush in her life. The best-friend-duo, Samantha and Corri never broke up, and graduting wouldn't either: they were both attending LSU in the fall. Montelene High School was the only school in the whole state that wasn't run by rumors, and life was more confusing than math. 

 

"Jason Hendrix," the prinicipal called out. "Samanha Hinds, Kasey Kased..." Corri was 'W': far away. She embraced the moment, and the wait seemed short. 

 

"Finally!" Sighed Lisa Watts to Corri.

 

"Haha, yeah."

 

"Hey! Party at my house afterwards?" 

 

"Sure."

 

"Great!" And she leaned back ito her foldable metal chair. Corri did the same. 

 

"Finally," she whispered to herself. 

 

"Mandy Walters, Lisa Watts,"

 

Lisa smilled as she stood up. "Good luck, Corri White."

 

"Corri White."

 

Corri whispered Lisa's same words 'Good Luck, Corri White' over and over again inside her head. 

© 2009 Kelsey Desmond


Author's Note

Kelsey Desmond
I know it's short, but lately I've been writing at strange times and strange places, so I'm in the car and I just needed a quick sequel to show what happened to my characters, for Evelyn! Eve! This is for you!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Great, there's some errors , but nothing big. Short, yet nice.

Posted 14 Years Ago


This is wonderful
Wonderful plot and charcters everything held toegther and read smoothly.
An enjoyable read i also thought it was cute.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

207 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 2, 2009

Author

Kelsey Desmond
Kelsey Desmond

Mandeville, LA



About
Hey, dudes! Kelsey here! Sevies are awesome and I'm a proud thirteen-year-old! :) My posie's down in New Orleans, Louisiana! I love Musical Theatre (hehe NOCCA is amahzing!) Facebook and Gmail are my .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Harmony Harmony

A Poem by Fran Marie