Childhood Horrors

Childhood Horrors

A Story by Kels-Ace
"

We all had them...

"

The shadow crept across the window sill, so utterly silent not even the keen ears of the hooting owl outside receptive to its movement. It scanned the darkness of the locale; the dark as bright as daylight to its trained, bloodshot eyes. It was neither man, nor monster, but a miasma of both. An abomination of hell, a creature so vile that even angels wept in its presence. But the heavens were safe tonight, for its stare fixed on an entirely other pure being: the blonde-haired child in the bed.

 

It lowered its head and opened its maw directly above the child’s face " as it has done a hundred times before to others " and sucked in the precious life-force. There were no screams, and no struggle, only terrified blue eyes failing against the red orbs staring down at them. As youth withered away to husk, evil grew in size, satisfied with the fresh essence. It would return to Perdition, content until its hunger would urge it to hunt the innocent once more.

 

With the final remnants of colour leaving the child’s cheeks, the creature stood up and glided out the same way it came in, leaving silence in its wake. No breathing child, no hooting owl, even the very insects ceased their night calls lest they attract evil’s attention. For all life trembled and stopped until the nightstalker returned to its fiery depths...


© 2015 Kels-Ace


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

119 Views
Added on September 6, 2015
Last Updated on September 6, 2015

Author

Kels-Ace
Kels-Ace

Pretoria, South Africa



About
I love writing - is there anything more to say than that, on a place like this? We're both posting here, so somewhere, somehow there is a little bit of me in you, and a little bit of you in me. Such i.. more..

Writing
Dialogue Dialogue

A Story by Kels-Ace