Would you believe it?

Would you believe it?

A Story by Ken
"

A story of a guy who fall in love with a girl, who was already dead just a long time a ago- but he didn't know.

"

It was a disappointing day. Not a good day to be happy. But I can’t help smiling to this wonderful girl.

            I was in the hallway that day, going home already. I was just alone and no one was with me. My classmates already went home, my bestfriend had a date with his girlfriend, and my girlfriend- I mean my ex-girlfriend- had also cling in to another guy by now.

Damn it was quite.

But the atmosphere of silence just change immediately when I saw this girl.

        I’m not stupid but as I saw her, my world seems to turn slow. Sparkles are everywhere. A soft heartwarming music was playing in perfection. My heartbeat goes beating fast. My knees are melting. And to my unconsciousness- I fell to the ground after taking the last step in the stairs. Damn! It hurts. I was just lucky no one saw me because everybody already went home, except for this girl- so embarrassing.

        I thought she would never help me and just like what other people do, laugh at my stupidity. But she never did it. She came running to me like a princess, asked beautifully if I was just okay, helps me stand up gracefully, and gave me a smile after doing it. She’s so amazing.

        After that, she even gave me her handkerchief to wipe out the dirt off my shirt. I couldn’t help but just stare at her while helping me as if I was somebody she already used to know. I can’t stop myself from smiling as she was also smiling back at me. I even feel like I was dreaming and I don’t want to wake up anymore to my own reality. I just want this moment for now to be with her.

        But after what she had did to me, I never thought that it would be the last time that I’ll ever see that beautiful face again.

            Days, weeks, and even months passed, I never saw her again. I even went back to the stairs where I first saw her and waited for how many hours, but she never came back. I even intended to let myself fall again in the stairs to see if she would come out, but no one did. The only thing that came was sadness and tears in my eyes.

 I missed her.

I couldn’t hide the fact that from that very first time I met her, it was already love.

And I need her.

           

 

        Today is already our graduation. I don’t know if I should be happy or sad, because I’ll already leave the place where I found my true love. I even questioned myself, how come I had not seen her again, despite the fact that she was also a student of this school like me.

How could that be possible?

Why is it?

Would you believe it?

        I don’t know but something seems to force me to look for her, to find her, to do everything I can to see her again even just for once.

        I got so many things to ask. I want to know why did she helped me, why did she ever showed up at that time, why did she gave me her handkerchief, and how come she just disappeared without even giving me a chance to tell her that I love her.

I want to know all of it.

        Even I was being called now in the stage for the magnacumlaude address, I didn’t come. I run out as fast as I could and go back to the first time where I saw her, the first time where my heart feels more alive, and the first time where I felt love.

        I arrived in the stairs, but it seems it was empty as how I used to visit it every day. No one was there. I couldn’t see anyone running to my direction like a princess again, except for my professor. I pulled out the handkerchief that she gave me, and started crying.

        Then suddenly, I felt a warm hug in my body. I don’t know if my Professor is a gay, or he is just comforting me that’s why he hugged me. I don’t know anymore but I think I need that hug. I’m so lonely that I couldn’t hide my feelings anymore and let it go. My Professor then just said to me, “I know that you missed her”.

What he just said caught my attention strongly.

How did he know?

Did he know who she was?

            I didn’t waste time anymore and asked my Professor where she was. But he just then looks down, and put his hands in my shoulder.

            “Her name was Kataline. She was a very nice girl, so beautiful, and so kind. Many people liked her because she was so friendly. She was so even active in class and got the highest scores in quizzes most of the time. She was way different from my other students. She is just special.”

My Professor then took a deep breath before continuing to speak again.

            “3 years ago, it was already time to go home. I dismissed the class and everybody went out. I saw her smiling as she goes out of the room, but I never thought it would be the last time I will saw those smiles of her again.”

            “What do you mean Sir?” I asked.

            “She met an accident at that time. As she was about to go down in this stairs, she slipped and fall down head first into the ground. A lot of blood was loss and it was so too late for the doctors to save her. I even screamed at everyone in the hospital for how useless they are that they can’t do anything to save my lovely Kataline.”

            As I was crying so hard, my attention was then caught when my Professor had said “My lovely Kataline” “What do you mean Sir?” I asked again.

            “Kataline was my daughter. Maybe you are confused how come I know you met her. She was a naughty girl. She still keeps visiting me and tells me everything she knows, in my dream. She told me that she met this amazing boy who seems to stare awkwardly at her, but she still finds it cute. She even helped that boy to stand up again, and gave her handkerchief for him clean himself up after falling in this stairs.”

            I was silenced at that moment when my Professor was telling that to me. I was so shocked with what I heard.

            “She even told me that she liked you. That from time to time the longer she don’t see you, makes her like you more, and even end up loving you. But she doesn’t want to hurt your feelings knowing that she’s already dead. She doesn’t want to scare you. And so she wants me tell this to you, because she knows that you want answers now. I hope you understand this. I’m so sorry”

            I don’t if I was just dreaming, but I couldn’t escape the reality that everything was true. It really hurts a lot in my part knowing the person I love, is already gone-just a long time ago. I stood up and walk out of the stairs then head to the graduation rites together with my Professor. I don’t know but it seems I just need to accept the fact, that everything was just a beautiful dream.

           

        Years passed, and I’m all grown up now. I have a stable job, a very good suit, a bunch of bestfriends, and a very good looking girlfriend- my Ferrari SS01.

I’m not alone now.

I’m perfectly happy.

         Even without my friends, I know someone was still with me. Some was looking at me. Believe me or not, she’s just beside me. She may not be seen, but she will always be in here- my heart.

            Love as if it was your first time, your last time, and the only time to love. Because whenever time will come that you will never had a chance to do it, you don’t know how incomplete your world will be, missing the greatest part of a human life.

 

 

 

 

           

 

            

© 2014 Ken


Author's Note

Ken
I hope you would enjoy this short story :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Ken
I think I should have make the story more longer, add some more colors, and put up some kind of magic that would make it more imperishable :)

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

296 Views
1 Review
Added on July 20, 2014
Last Updated on July 20, 2014

Author

Ken
Ken

Tagum City, Region 11, Philippines



About
I'm Ken Ardjee Belderol, you can just call me Ken. I'm 16 years old, and I'm just a guy who wanted to share stories to you guys, that would give lesson and inspirations in your heart. That's all, and .. more..

Writing
Hazel Hazel

A Poem by Ken


Row & Sash Row & Sash

A Poem by Ken


Virtual World Virtual World

A Poem by Ken