Different Worlds

Different Worlds

A Story by Ken
"

Even my father has abandoned me, that is not enough a reason why should I not love him.

"

Hi everyone, I’m Ken. I’m just 16 years old. I’m just like one of the children out there who grew up without experiencing how it is to have a father.


Since I was just a little child, I was already abandoned by him. I don’t know what could actually be the reason why did he ever leave us. I mean, I was a very cute boy at that time. I don’t pee on our couch, I don’t cry loud just like a baby, I never tell a lie to him, I always finish my meal on time, and I pray sometimes before going to sleep, though I don’t even pray a single prayer but I just keep on thanking God for a wonderful family He had given me.    


I couldn’t actually point out on what could be the reason on why did he ever leave us? Why haven’t he even visited me on my birthdays? How come he didn’t even just give me a call? How come he didn’t even ask me if I was doing well in school? How come he just abandoned me that easy?


Sometimes I even wonder if I was that worst to be left behind. If I was like some kind of a disgrace that should never be accepted. And if I was just like a result of his accident, that’s why he never accepted me.


Yes, a result of an accident.


As I grow up, I found out my Mom was never his real wife, that he has already another wife in the state, and I even have one brother and a sister on his side. I was even shocked and a bit amazed with what I heard. I couldn’t help thinking if those children of him there, are better children than I am. Well maybe they are. He could’ve not leaved us if they weren’t that better than me.


But instead of hating him, I had even loved my father more.


Though there are times I wish I could have play basketball with him, play catch and “peek-ka-boom”, ask him to teach me how to skate, to go with me in the school during elementary days, to attend the every meetings in there, and be there on my side whenever going to sleep, all of it didn’t even matter anyway.


 In fact, I even love my father for doing that.


On times when I was looking for someone to play basketball with me, I found my brother nailing me a 10 to a nothing score by me. I found a bunch of friends playing catch, and running with me, playing “peek-ka-boom”. I found a bestfriend who teach me not just to skate, but also do some tricks to it. I had a very supportive grandmother, who was already dead by now, that always come with me whenever I go to school when I was in elementary. I had also this lovely mother, who was even mistaken by my classmates as my sister because of her beautiful young face- even she was already old, who always attends the meetings of our school. And lastly, I found God, who is not just by my side whenever I sleep at night, but had also taught me to pray and give thanks for everything that has happened in my life.


 I become thankful for what my father had done. If it is not because of him, I wouldn’t meet all of these people, including God, who served as my inspiration as I go on with the challenges of life. I learn to become tougher, independent, courageous, and braver than I could have ever been.


 I discover a vast world full of obstacles, but because of what my father did, it gave me the strength to face it all along with my own hands and mind.


 I learn that from the time he abandoned me, he didn’t actually want me to be alone. He just wanted me to be ready from whenever time would come that I couldn’t look for someone to hold on, I could stand on my own.


And I thank my father for that.


Instead of hating someone who has left you behind, give thanks to them.


Cherish them more.


Love them.


It might be that bitter being left alone, but look on the bright side, it wasn’t that bad actually. It was just the part where you realize that you are strong enough to face the world, even no one else does to come and hold your hand, and face it together.


You become something else.


You turn to be “special”.


And that is all because of that someone who left you behind.


So to my father, instead of hating you for all the things you have done to me, I forgive you. I forgive you with all my heart and I want you to know that I will always love you no matter what. No matter what people might think of me. Because I know that in forgiveness, is where every one of us can find our true happiness. And loving you was my happiness, and so I forgive.

 I love you father. I love you even we are different worlds apart.





-Ken

© 2014 Ken


Author's Note

Ken
Comments and reviews are always welcome. Enjoy :)

-Ken

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

324 Views
Added on August 4, 2014
Last Updated on August 4, 2014

Author

Ken
Ken

Tagum City, Region 11, Philippines



About
I'm Ken Ardjee Belderol, you can just call me Ken. I'm 16 years old, and I'm just a guy who wanted to share stories to you guys, that would give lesson and inspirations in your heart. That's all, and .. more..

Writing
Hazel Hazel

A Poem by Ken


Row & Sash Row & Sash

A Poem by Ken


Virtual World Virtual World

A Poem by Ken