Lucid Dreaming

Lucid Dreaming

A Story by Ken

It all started from a small curiosity. An idea I had never thought, would opened up a new world- I could never ever imagine.


The clock is ticking fast. It’s already pass twelve midnight and I’m still here on my desk thinking of a good story to write. An assignment given to us a month ago, and I’m here doing this crap the night before the submission. Just what kind of level of procrastination do I have? It’s just terrible. How come I’m this lazy as a sloth? If ever I wanted to be a successful educator someday, I should be more responsible of my actions. But damn, talk to the hands Honey… talk to the hands. 


I pick up the pen again and look at the paper. My eyes turn wide as I realize the only word written on my paper was “The”. That’s not even a title! Okay, I give up. I toss my body on the bed, pick up the phone and open up my FB account, trying to relieve myself from this stressful event of my life. Maybe I could talk to some of my friends here and spend a good time chatting, I think that would do the trick. A good gossip would do well. But “Tada!” it seems like I’m the only one online at this moment. Well that’s great, I’ll just keep scrolling and like every post I don’t even care about, and maybe (with an insane amount of luck) would pop up an idea on my head I could use to write- hope so.


 As I was scrolling, I came across with the word “Lucid Dreaming”. Well I know what dreaming is, but lucid? Just what the hell is that? And just to add information on my head, I look it up on Google- the buddy I could always trust for golden knowledge not known to my ignorant mind. I learn that it’s about being aware while dreaming, like you are awake in your dream which is damn awesome. It’s so cool! But there would be this kind of process in where I should be ready to take on in order to initiate the Lucid Dreaming properly. Well that’s not a problem for me, let’s get on with this. 


The first thing is to lie in bed, close your eyes and try not to move even an inch. That’s easy. Step two; just keep your mind awake while your body is starting to shut down. What does that even mean? Maybe I just have to keep thinking of stuffs and let my body fall asleep? I don’t know, but lets just get on with it. Several minutes later, I then feel my body go numb, and this is just so creepy. Oh my gosh, I can’t move! What is happening? I then see colors and shapes but I know my eyes are still closed. Seconds pass, and I could feel my body floating! Oh damn, just keep your eyes close Honey; you don’t want to see what’s happening right? This is such a mess. Just what the hell have I done? All I could remember was I was doing this process for Lucid Dreaming and… 


“AAAAAHHHH! Y- You’re n-not real.” Those red eyes, the sly smile, and the way it laugh, is that a demon? 


No Honey, this could be all part of the process and I’m just hallucinating. My eyes are still closed, but how the hell I’m seeing this?! Still, I don’t want to open my eyes; I know I’m still floating. Am I abducted by an alien that’s why I’m floating up high now? Oh no… If they want me as a test subject to look up information for the human beings, they all just wasted their efforts. They would be doing the tactical face palm once they extracted my brain and found out I got a very low I.Q. that a monkey is even more smarter than me.

 Whoa, just how low I see myself. 


But now what? What crazy thing could go next? I’m done with the numb, the floating stuff, and the demon, what’s next?


 “All men! Fall back!” I then hear a loud battle cry, swords hitting each other, men crying in pain, a loud roar of… beasts? Where am I now? Should I open my eyes to see what’s happening outside? 


“Hey you! Wake up!” a man then hit my face as open up my eyes to see this damn lad, and how dare he hits me?! 


 “The hell dude?! Do you have to do that?!” I shouted out loud, so loud that I caught everyone’s attention and they all end up staring at me. Now that’s awkward. 


But the moment I stop bursting in anger, I then realize that I’m not in my room anymore. This is not Apokon Tagum City. This looks like a battlefield of Spartans.  But the difference is that there are no Spartans and just a large group of men covered from head to foot of silver metal plates, going up against large green creatures with a very terrible faces, holding giant axes- and staring at me. 


Oh crap, this is not good. I’m in the middle of a battlefield! Just how did that even happen?! I mean, is that even possible?! 


“I cannot believe this, the prophecy is true.” One man blurted out.


 “What prophecy?” I asked. 


“That in the midst of rampage and bloodbath, an unknown man will come up from nowhere sleeping. And will bring the light of justice to us Humans, and save us from the dreadful Orcs.” says an old man, who seems like the leader of the group.


 “Really? But, this is some mistake. I was just sleeping you know… and I was doing this process… and it was like really weird… and it’s about Lucid Dreaming…” 


Wait, Lucid Dreaming? I flash then came up fast in my head, making me see about the recent happenings, that this is all because of the Lucid Dreaming process that I tried to initiate. So this is just a dream, and as what the Lucid Dreaming says, it is being aware and wide awake- in your dreamland. So I did initiate the process successfully… 


“YES! WOHOO! THIS IS SO AWESOME! I’M AWAKE IN MY DREAM! NAILED IT!”, as I was jumping in joy for a job well done. This is so amazing! I can’t wait to share this to my bestfriend. I know she wouldn’t believe me, but the hell I care.


 “Excuse me; we really don’t have any idea about what you are celebrating about. But in honor of the Great King of Humans, will you please help us against the enemy, The Chosen One?” asked humbly by the old man.


 “Of course! Leave it to me.” I answered like a boss. 


Everyone then cheers in joy as the group of men all back out leaving only in the middle of the field the thousand Orcs- and me.


 I know I can do this.


 I’m the Chosen One. 


But how… how am I going to defeat an armada of giant ogres with giant axes when I’m just alone, skinny, without weapon and armor, and dressed up as a city girl? And oh, I don’t even know kung-fu. 


Oh crap, I just made a terrible mistake.


 “Ooooooorcs! CHARGE!” 


this is not good, here they come. They are coming in fast like a horde of bulls with sharp horns ready to strike me. What am I going to do? Just calm down Honey, remember that this is just a dream. Everything that is happening is just in your head. 


Everything in your head… 


That’s it! I’m in my dream which relates that I’m also in my head, and it only depicts that this is my world. I’m in control of everything in here! 


“Well, well, well. It’s show time.” As a big grin forms in my face. 


“OOOORCS! GIVE ALL YOU GOT! LET US TRASH THE CHOSEN ONE, ONCE AND FOR ALL!” as the armada of Orcs all shouts beastly.


 Here they come now, just an inch away. 


“HAYAAAH! PREPARE TO DIE ORCS!” as I stand still on the ground. 


I know now what to do. Even though I’m a girl, I have always wanted to be as bad-a*s as Son Goku. Orcs, you will regret this. 


“HAYAAH! SUPER SAIYAN 3! RAAAAR!” all the Orcs were stunned with the amazing power I had just shown. The amazing aura burning in me, and my hair… uhmm, let’s just skip that part. They all stop charging towards me and slowly backing up. 


“Now for the main event! I want you humans to give me all your energy. Raise all your hands!” as all the humans do what I had just said. 


Now, I have to compile all this energy in to one, and do what I have always been dreaming of. I flew up high, raising my both hands in the air. A big ball of energy is now forming above my head. Now that it is complete, time to blow up this power in to the enemy. 


“WITH THE POWER BORROWED FROM MY FAVORITE ANIME SON GOKU… ORCS! TASTE THIS ENERGY BALL!” as I throw it with ease towards the thousand enemies. 


As the ball of energy landed, it created a huge explosion destroying everything in its way. Not even a single dust was spare at that blow. After the amazing power I had unleashed, I turn back into my normal form (because my hair looks really ridiculous) and stand proud as all the humans are praising me for saving them from the wrath of the enemy. 


We don’t even know how to repay you.” Says the old man. 


“Don’t worry about that. You could just finish my assignment for me.”  I said. 


Wait… assignment? Oh no! I forgot that I’m still not done with my assignment. I haven’t even right anything yet except for the word “The”. But still, it doesn’t count.


“Okay guys, I guess I have to leave now. I still have a class tomorrow, and I have to finish my assignment. Thank you for everything.” I said smiling. 


“You are going to leave us?” ask one of the soldiers.


 “Don’t worry, I’ll be back.” 


“Oh the Chosen One. Thank you for everything. We will never forget the day you save us from destruction” says the old man with teary eyes. 


“Come on Grand Pa, don’t make me feel bad leaving you. I guess, this is goodbye.” 


“But how you are going to leave?”


 Yeah… how am I going back again to the real world? I guess I have to wake up but how? Oh, I forgot the last part I read about Lucid Dreaming… just what is it? 


“So, you are the Chosen One. Never thought that you would be a beautiful lady.” All the soldiers then clear the way as a young man approaches me. 


As I tilt my head high to look on him, I then felt my heart skip a beat. Those eyes, that charming smile, Oh my gosh! He is so handsome! I don’t want to wake up anymore! 


“KYAAAAA!” 


Oh my Senpai! I will never wake up for you. But then, a sudden light of rays blind my eyes, and just a moment after that, I found myself lying on my bed. My eyes roam around, the ceiling, the desk, the blue wall, this is definitely my room. So that means I’m awake. I check the time and it’s 5 in the morning. Oh well, I’ll be back for you Senpai! Wait for me! After getting up, I then proceed in my desk and write everything I had just experience from the world, I had never imagine I would be in to.


Sometimes, there are points in life which we meet up with things that we never expected. Things that we look unto as nothing, but never realize could bring a great journey in our life. And all we have to do is apply a little curiosity in it. We don’t know what could happen, we don’t know the result. But the outcome, is evenhanded a thrill that makes it special. I never know what Lucid Dreaming can do. But with the help of curiosity, I saw an outcome- a priceless experience.

© 2015 Ken


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

148 Views
Added on September 27, 2015
Last Updated on September 27, 2015

Author

Ken
Ken

Tagum City, Region 11, Philippines



About
I'm Ken Ardjee Belderol, you can just call me Ken. I'm 16 years old, and I'm just a guy who wanted to share stories to you guys, that would give lesson and inspirations in your heart. That's all, and .. more..

Writing
Hazel Hazel

A Poem by Ken


Row & Sash Row & Sash

A Poem by Ken


Virtual World Virtual World

A Poem by Ken